Club Sports

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Jenk11

Club Sports

Postby Jenk11 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Will there be any time to participate in Club Sports as a 1L? I am thinking that there will only be intermittent periods of time to do anything but study. Anybody been able to do both and do well in school? I mostly focused on athletics as an undergrad which is not a great formula for academic success.

Lermontov

Re: Club Sports

Postby Lermontov » Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm

There's time, but it's not easy--I only know one person who did it. The real problem is just the timing of things (especially for legal writing type assignments), and how a weekend tournament might be the weekend before something big is due.

uwb09

Re: Club Sports

Postby uwb09 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:15 am

Jenk11 wrote:Will there be any time to participate in Club Sports as a 1L? I am thinking that there will only be intermittent periods of time to do anything but study. Anybody been able to do both and do well in school? I mostly focused on athletics as an undergrad which is not a great formula for academic success.

don't know about club sports, but I did co-ed intramurals softball, only requires one hour a week for games, and great way to bond with class mates/destress/get outside

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”