Cell Phones

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:Rinkrat, you must REALLY like Sprint.


Sprint is fine. AT&T sucks. Verizon was ok--if expensive--until I moved into a condo where there was no coverage (which Verizon denied, and made me pay the ETF).


So I guess you live on top of a Sprint 4G tower?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:28 pm

maxm2764 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:Rinkrat, you must REALLY like Sprint.


Sprint is fine. AT&T sucks. Verizon was ok--if expensive--until I moved into a condo where there was no coverage (which Verizon denied, and made me pay the ETF).


So I guess you live on top of a Sprint 4G tower?


Portland.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm

kalvano wrote:Sprint is so awful, words cannot even begin to describe it.

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to Sprint.


I love Sprint. I have not had a single bad experience with them.

But you could pay me enough to switch to Verizon. It would be very expensive.

You'd have to pay for the difference between my Sprint plan and a comparable Verizon plan.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Android is by far TCR. You may see a lot of Apple trolling ITT, but if you don't believe me, ask the opinion of any former iPhone user who switched to Android. I've met well over a dozen of them and not one had slightest doubts about Android's superiority.

edit: typo
Last edited by DeSimone on Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby ResolutePear » Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 pm

DeSimone wrote:Android is by far TCR. You may see a lot of Apple trolling ITT, but if you don't believe me, ask the opinion of any former iPhone user who switched to Android. I've met well over a dozen of them and not had slightest doubts about Android's superiority.


Give me an iPhone with swipe and a 4.3" screen and I'll throw my droid X in the trash.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby kalvano » Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:36 pm

I think TCR is who gives a shit? One phone isn't more professional than the other, and to be honest, nobody will care.

It's a phone bro, personal preference FTW.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 pm

kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 pm

And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 pm

DeSimone wrote:And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.


+100000000000.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby kalvano » Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.



But wait, you said ask any iPhone user who switched. I switched for about 20 seconds.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 pm

jpSartre wrote:retake/reapply

I read all the posts seriously but couldn't stop laughing at this one.

I personally HATE ball cursors so, iPhone was an obvious choice for me...well, I mainly liked how it looked :P

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm

DeSimone wrote:And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.


Have you used it? Run a network speed test?

Most of the time I don't bother with it, this is true, but if there's a big file (apps, OS update, huge email attachment, etc) I need to download and I'm not at home near my wi-fi, I definitely turn it on.

I didn't buy the phone because it gets 4G, I bought it because it was the best Android phone at the time. But WiMax does exist and it is faster.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm

kalvano wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.



But wait, you said ask any iPhone user who switched. I switched for about 20 seconds.


Yeah but your response didn't validate his argument so it was disregarded.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby ResolutePear » Mon May 09, 2011 6:41 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:
jpSartre wrote:retake/reapply

I read all the posts seriously but couldn't stop laughing at this one.

I personally HATE ball cursors so, iPhone was an obvious choice for me...well, I mainly liked how it looked :P


They're not ball cursors anymore. It's a touchscreen square.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.


Have you used it? Run a network speed test?



No because it doesn't exist. And yes.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.

... unless you're technologically inept.

Android allows more customization, but make no mistake - you will need to customize it! You can't take it out of the box expecting the phone to be preset the way you want it. After you spend a couple of days playing with it, you will not want anything else.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 pm

maxm2764 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.



But wait, you said ask any iPhone user who switched. I switched for about 20 seconds.


Yeah but your response didn't validate his argument so it was disregarded.

See my post above.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby maxm2764 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm

maxm2764 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.


Have you used it? Run a network speed test?



No because it doesn't exist. And yes.


Edit: RP is here, this thread will become much more entertaining.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby kalvano » Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm

DeSimone wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:Yeah but your response didn't validate his argument so it was disregarded.

See my post above.



I'm not technologically inept. In fact, I'm smart enough to prefer software that functions fine out of the box instead of requiring you to mess with it to make it work.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 pm

maxm2764 wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:And btw, 4G is nothing but a sales gimmick.


Have you used it? Run a network speed test?



No because it doesn't exist. And yes.


Edit: RP is here, this thread will become much more entertaining.


Well, it can't get any less entertaining than your pedantic and repetitive "4G doesn't exist yet." No, there is no 100Mbps "officially certified" 4G network yet. Yes, there are several future 4G networks in place, that, while not achieving the required speeds to be designated "4G," are a fuck of a lot faster than regular old 3G. (But since that undermines your argument, you've just disregarded it.)

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby ResolutePear » Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 pm

DeSimone wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've tried Android. It sucks incredibly next to my iPhone.


I've tried iOS. It sucks incredibly next to Android.

... unless you're technologically inept.

Android allows more customization, but make no mistake - you will need to customize it! You can't take it out of the box expecting the phone to be preset the way you want it. After you spend a couple of days playing with it, you will not want anything else.


lol@android allowing more customization.

Customization stops at home UI's. Which to be honest backfired because I have yet to see a decent android UI outside of stock honeycomb.

I also couldn't believe that my DroidX couldn't play Robot Unicorn Attack because it didn't have enough "graphic processing power," whatever that means.

Sorry, I have to give the hat to the iPhone here - especially when jailbroken + cydia.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:53 pm

kalvano wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:Yeah but your response didn't validate his argument so it was disregarded.

See my post above.



I'm not technologically inept. In fact, I'm smart enough to prefer software that functions fine out of the box instead of requiring you to mess with it to make it work.

RC fail. The software works just fine. The ability to customize is what blows the iPhone out of the water.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Cell Phones

Postby kalvano » Mon May 09, 2011 6:53 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Well, it can't get any less entertaining than your pedantic and repetitive "4G doesn't exist yet." No, there is no 100Mbps "officially certified" 4G network yet. Yes, there are several future 4G networks in place, that, while not achieving the required speeds to be designated "4G," are a fuck of a lot faster than regular old 3G. (But since that undermines your argument, you've just disregarded it.)



So wait, you just admitted he is right....there is no official "4G" yet.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Cell Phones

Postby ResolutePear » Mon May 09, 2011 6:55 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:
No because it doesn't exist. And yes.


Edit: RP is here, this thread will become much more entertaining.


Well, it can't get any less entertaining than your pedantic and repetitive "4G doesn't exist yet." No, there is no 100Mbps "officially certified" 4G network yet. Yes, there are several future 4G networks in place, that, while not achieving the required speeds to be designated "4G," are a fuck of a lot faster than regular old 3G. (But since that undermines your argument, you've just disregarded it.)


In my book, the only real 4G is Sprint's implementation.

And fast? Fast is for the lulz on cellphones because they have yet to solve the one question that would make EDGE a joy to play: ping and packetloss issues. Response times are just horrible on LTE from what I've tested thus far.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: heresthesitch and 5 guests