how to split up/take "Admin Law" & "Federal Courts"

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
uwb09

how to split up/take "Admin Law" & "Federal Courts"

Postby uwb09 » Sun May 08, 2011 2:44 am

i'm guessing taking both of these in the same semester is amount to GPA suicide, should I take one before the other? should I wait till 3rd year to take them and combine them with internships/junk classes?

vanwinkle

Re: how to split up/take "Admin Law" & "Federal Courts"

Postby vanwinkle » Sun May 08, 2011 3:17 am

Third year. Seriously. Trust me.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun May 08, 2011 3:08 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Third year. Seriously. Trust me.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:Eh, I'd save one for 3L, but not necessarily both. Depends on what your goals/interests are. If, for instance, you want to work on regulatory matters at your 2L SA firm, you'd be nuts not to take admin as a 2L.

Ok, this is fair.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:Eh, I'd save one for 3L, but not necessarily both. Depends on what your goals/interests are. If, for instance, you want to work on regulatory matters at your 2L SA firm, you'd be nuts not to take admin as a 2L.

This makes me wonder what Admin Law actually covers, since I have yet to take it and might have missed out on something important.

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

hmmm, one of the professors I really like is teaching Federal Courts next spring, however all the Admin Law being taught next year are by profs I've had and hate, or profs I haven't had but have heard horror stories about. Looks like Admin might have to wait :?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 pm

vanwinkle wrote:

This makes me wonder what Admin Law actually covers, since I have yet to take it and might have missed out on something important.

Mine was about 50/50 split between the details of the Administrative Procedures Act and the Supreme Court's jurisprudence on what powers can be delegated to agencies, by who, how it can be done, and what powers the courts have to second-guess them.

It was painful, but not Fed Courts painful.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”