which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Sat May 07, 2011 3:06 am

and why? started as a joke with a friend, but there are some very good constitutional arguments against some of these laws.


http://www.alternet.org/sex/130073/the_ ... n_america/

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Ty Webb » Sat May 07, 2011 3:56 am

usuaggie wrote:and why? started as a joke with a friend, but there are some very good constitutional arguments against some of these laws.


http://www.alternet.org/sex/130073/the_ ... n_america/


1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Tanicius » Sat May 07, 2011 3:56 am

I read the OP title to be "Which of these Top 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?" Is that a bad thing, or just depressing?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Sat May 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Tanicius wrote:I read the OP title to be "Which of these Top 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?" Is that a bad thing, or just depressing?



haha i went back up to make sure i didn't actually put that. obviously i didnt, or you wouldn't have been saying how you wrongly thought it said that. I think "top" is paired in our heads with the number 10.

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby TJISMYHERO » Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
usuaggie wrote:and why? started as a joke with a friend, but there are some very good constitutional arguments against some of these laws.


http://www.alternet.org/sex/130073/the_ ... n_america/


1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10.


why 10?

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Renzo » Sat May 07, 2011 4:42 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:
usuaggie wrote:and why? started as a joke with a friend, but there are some very good constitutional arguments against some of these laws.


http://www.alternet.org/sex/130073/the_ ... n_america/


1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10.


why 10?

I'm with you. 10 passes muster.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 pm

i'm undecided on 9.

Army2Law
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Army2Law » Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 pm

usuaggie wrote:i'm undecided on 9.

I think 9 passes rational basis review. Don't want to angry up the horses and have them getting their horse rape on.

8ballistic
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby 8ballistic » Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Are rodeo clowns historically discriminated against?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Sat May 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Army2Law wrote:
usuaggie wrote:i'm undecided on 9.

I think 9 passes rational basis review. Don't want to angry up the horses and have them getting their horse rape on.


my thinking exactly.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 pm

8ballistic wrote:Are rodeo clowns historically discriminated against?



only gay, black, midget rodeo clowns.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Borhas » Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

#1 Religion
#4 Speech
#5 Equal protection
#6 Dormant Commerce Clause

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Tue May 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Borhas wrote:#1 Religion
#4 Speech
#5 Equal protection
#6 Dormant Commerce Clause



8?

TigerBeer
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby TigerBeer » Tue May 10, 2011 3:02 pm

who's ever going to have standing to challenge #1?

8ballistic
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby 8ballistic » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

The best I can think of is that someone could believe they are the incarnation of Satan, and because the court couldn't decide that they weren't Satan they could possibly have standing.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby usuaggie » Wed May 11, 2011 12:47 am

TigerBeer wrote:who's ever going to have standing to challenge #1?


Donald Trump

blsingindisguise
Posts: 1296
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby blsingindisguise » Wed May 11, 2011 2:02 am

Borhas wrote:#1 Religion
#4 Speech
#5 Equal protection
#6 Dormant Commerce Clause


Actually I'd think #4 would be equal protection, #5 -- not so sure, and #6 don't think there's any dormant commerce clause issue (if it was then states couldn't ban selling fireworks either).

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4852
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Borhas » Wed May 11, 2011 7:19 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:
Borhas wrote:#1 Religion
#4 Speech
#5 Equal protection
#6 Dormant Commerce Clause


Actually I'd think #4 would be equal protection, #5 -- not so sure, and #6 don't think there's any dormant commerce clause issue (if it was then states couldn't ban selling fireworks either).


banning fireworks is UCOSNSTITUTIONAL!

discriminates against Real Americans

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby Kohinoor » Wed May 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Do your own homework.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: which of these 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm

usuaggie wrote:
Tanicius wrote:I read the OP title to be "Which of these Top 10 sex laws are unconstitutional?" Is that a bad thing, or just depressing?



haha i went back up to make sure i didn't actually put that. obviously i didnt, or you wouldn't have been saying how you wrongly thought it said that. I think "top" is paired in our heads with the number 10.

Haha too much time reading about rankings :P




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], smithk, UnicornHunter and 13 guests