Second Semester Grades compared to first semester

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jawsthegreat

Second Semester Grades compared to first semester

Postby jawsthegreat » Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Are they normally about the same? No relation? Sorta similar?

PirateCap'n

Re: Second Semester Grades compared to first semester

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Are they normally about the same? No relation? Sorta similar?

Based on what everybody else has said, they're usually fairly stable with only a bit of variation (but this obviously depends on who you ask). I'd say the very top and the very bottom are pretty set, and the middle 50% or so will see the most movement. If my feelings about my exams this semester are any indication (hope they're not), even the top can see a big drop.

lawloser22

Postby lawloser22 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Are they normally about the same? No relation? Sorta similar?

I tried to take a survey after this after first semester grades came out, though it probably would've helped if I'd been more specific:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145324

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue May 10, 2011 10:46 pm

bizzump for better answers

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 pm

lawloser22 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145324

Haha: 19/13/15. That was a real definitive poll. I was hoping for like 3/41/3 or something. 2Ls were no help on that one.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:

Based on what everybody else has said, they're usually fairly stable with only a bit of variation (but this obviously depends on who you ask). I'd say the very top and the very bottom are pretty set, and the middle 50% or so will see the most movement. If my feelings about my exams this semester are any indication (hope they're not), even the top can see a big drop.

This is totally how I feel... I really feel like I could go from having a fairly high GPA to not being too much above median... I just have not felt great about exams so far at all. The fact my school has very fuzzy grading (only solid letter grades at the current time, meaning that someone with a 4.0 v. someone with a 3.0 for a class could literally have almost the exact same quality of exam at the dividing line).

Hope it works out better than we think...

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 pm

I hope to whatever god there is in this universe that they at least stay the same

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”