OmniPrep -- has anyone used it recently? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
skw

Bronze

OmniPrep -- has anyone used it recently?

Post by skw » Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

I am a 0L about to pull the trigger on OmniPrep for patent bar review. I've searched the internet and most of the reviews I can find for Omni are older (2008 and before). Has anyone used Omni recently? I appreciate any feedback you can provide as to whether this program would be worth the $400 or not... ($300 after the 'rebate' for passing, I guess).

danielblack

New

Re: OmniPrep -- has anyone used it recently?

Post by danielblack » Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi,

I've used omni for the past three months and I just passed my exam on Monday. I would recommend it highly if you are self motivated, otherwise I would recommend a live course like PLI or Kayton. I think the live courses help people who tend to need a bit more hand holding than an online course like omniprep can provide (although they do have patent attorneys who will answer any question you have on the material or exams via email).

The thing that really sets them apart from everyone else is that they have people who actually sit for the exams and collect the questions, so that all you have to do is memorize the answers and if you want, read the corresponding part of their mpep outline. I must have seen 80% of the questions on my exam before (although I don't have the best memory so I probably missed a couple).

In fairness to PLI and Kayton, there are patent attorneys in my firm who have used them and loved the live on-site lectures, and say that they couldn't have passed the patent bar exam without them. So I guess it really comes down to what kind of studier you are.

drdolittle

Silver

Re: OmniPrep -- has anyone used it recently?

Post by drdolittle » Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Anyone else?

How adaptable is the pace, can it be slowed down or sped up if needed?

Is their money back guarantee legit? Seems too good to be true.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”