Gah...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
T3Troll

Gah...

Postby T3Troll » Mon May 02, 2011 5:07 pm

I feel like I might have just legitimately failed my Civ Pro II final. I've never been one to stress, but I was struggling with the REA prong of Erie so I stayed up late until I had it down. But when I tried to get to sleep, I couldn't do it. I didn't sleep at all last night and walked into the 9am exam feeling like shit. But I knew Erie perfectly. And everything else reasonably well. My plan was to tackle the Erie essay first, and use the time I gained there to pick up the slack.

And then there was no Erie essay. I was so shocked and amazed that I panicked and couldn't calm down the entire exam. Long story short I was moving at a snail's pace and couldn't even recall the right rules for joinder, etc. I left with a feeling of soul-crushing dread.

If I do fail the course, what should I do? I've been pretty committed to law thus far and can't imagine doing anything else. But with mediocre grades my first semester, and now this, I feel... doomed? I'm at a T3, below the median, and my prospects aren't getting any brighter. Anyone have any advice?

T3Troll

Re: Gah...

Postby T3Troll » Mon May 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Oh, and to make matters worse, I already have ~$1.2k sunk into a study abroad commitment this summer. /wrists

dood

Postby dood » Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm

T3Troll wrote:If I do fail the course, what should I do? I've been pretty committed to law thus far and can't imagine doing anything else. But with mediocre grades my first semester, and now this, I feel... doomed? I'm at a T3, below the median, and my prospects aren't getting any brighter. Anyone have any advice?

1. u prolly didnt fail. everybody feels similar to u. u prolly didnt do great ~B, but u didnt fail.

2. as far as jobs, start networking and make the right connections now. good luck.

T3Troll

Postby T3Troll » Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm

:)

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

T3Troll wrote:I feel like I might have just legitimately failed my Civ Pro II final. I've never been one to stress, but I was struggling with the REA prong of Erie so I stayed up late until I had it down. But when I tried to get to sleep, I couldn't do it. I didn't sleep at all last night and walked into the 9am exam feeling like shit. But I knew Erie perfectly. And everything else reasonably well. My plan was to tackle the Erie essay first, and use the time I gained there to pick up the slack.

And then there was no Erie essay. I was so shocked and amazed that I panicked and couldn't calm down the entire exam. Long story short I was moving at a snail's pace and couldn't even recall the right rules for joinder, etc. I left with a feeling of soul-crushing dread.

If I do fail the course, what should I do? I've been pretty committed to law thus far and can't imagine doing anything else. But with mediocre grades my first semester, and now this, I feel... doomed? I'm at a T3, below the median, and my prospects aren't getting any brighter. Anyone have any advice?

Lol at you for attending a TTT and going on a study abroad vacation. Your chance to get a fucking job out of a TTT is only based upon 3 things: 1) being in the top 5% of your class - you are not; 2) Having some serious fucking connections - doubt you do; 3) Busting your ass during the school year and the summer clerking and working at firms and trying to turn that into a full time post law school position. As you have failed to do so, lack the small amount of skill needed to obtain at least a B to B+ on all TTT exams; it is likely that you are fucked for life (as far as a career as an attorney is concerned anyway).

So at this point, either drop out or troll the internet in advance of your graduation, where you will move up to the status of full time anti-law school blogger.

Edit: Just saw you said T3 - If you are, in fact, at HYS and not some shit-pile TTT, ignore everything I said and enjoy whatever offers you eventually get. Sadly, no matter how bad at the law an HYS grad may be, there is always a job for them somewhere.
Last edited by reasonable_man on Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:47 pm

i also spent a lot of time preparing for an erie essay that never showed up. i was ok with it though because i still probably don't get it.

Simile

Postby Simile » Tue May 03, 2011 5:36 am

lmao @ the people in this thread responding seriously to "T3Troll"

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Tue May 03, 2011 7:28 am

reasonable_man wrote:
T3Troll wrote:I feel like I might have just legitimately failed my Civ Pro II final. I've never been one to stress, but I was struggling with the REA prong of Erie so I stayed up late until I had it down. But when I tried to get to sleep, I couldn't do it. I didn't sleep at all last night and walked into the 9am exam feeling like shit. But I knew Erie perfectly. And everything else reasonably well. My plan was to tackle the Erie essay first, and use the time I gained there to pick up the slack.

Lol at you for attending a TTT and going on a study abroad vacation. Your chance to get a fucking job out of a TTT is only based upon 3 things: 1) being in the top 5% of your class - you are not; 2) Having some serious fucking connections - doubt you do; 3) Busting your ass during the school year and the summer clerking and working at firms and trying to turn that into a full time post law school position. As you have failed to do so, lack the small amount of skill needed to obtain at least a B to B+ on all TTT exams; it is likely that you are fucked for life (as far as a career as an attorney is concerned anyway).

So at this point, either drop out or troll the internet in advance of your graduation, where you will move up to the status of full time anti-law school blogger.

Edit: Just saw you said T3 - If you are, in fact, at HYS and not some shit-pile TTT, ignore everything I said and enjoy whatever offers you eventually get. Sadly, no matter how bad at the law an HYS grad may be, there is always a job for them somewhere.

LoL at your life in general. How long ago did u graduate LS? Yet u spend a significant chunk of ur time posting obnoxiously long condescending garbage on an anonymous internet forum full of 21 yr olds. U should probably get a hobby (a real-life one).

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Tue May 03, 2011 7:34 am

Everyone feels terrible after a final. Wait till you get grades before /killself.

And even then, it's never as bad as you think it'll be.

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:39 am

Now I'm confused. Does OP go to a Tier 3 or a Top 3? I'm not sure which one "T3" is supposed to mean.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 am

Not to wreck your day further, but Erie Problems are often hidden on exams. For example, you might be asked to analyze a novel state law, and it is your duty to recognize that it potentially conflicts with a provision of another federal law. Did you have any state laws on your exam? If so, you may have done worse than you thought.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 am

Simile wrote:lmao @ the people in this thread responding seriously to "T3Troll"

T3Troll

Postby T3Troll » Tue May 03, 2011 6:47 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Problem?

No but I did feel quite shitty about my civ pro exam yesterday. But today is a new day (and I have Ks to worry about), so I'm over it. As always, I appreciate the encouragement and insight (and trolls).

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm

im still confused what you mean by T3 :X

because if you meant TTT, with the whole studying abroad thing, wasnt there some article about you already?

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue May 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Renzo wrote:

jrose5

Postby jrose5 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:58 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Uhm, even in the original post he mentions he's in a "T3"... so it's not just the username...

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue May 03, 2011 7:47 pm

ITT: An ambiguous username leads to disparate opinions on the OP's future as an attorney, the "reasonableness" of another poster is put into question, and that weird ass face creeps traehekat out again.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue May 03, 2011 8:03 pm

MTal

Postby MTal » Tue May 03, 2011 8:11 pm

There's really no justification that can be made for paying to go to law school anymore.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

LoL at your life in general. How long ago did u graduate LS? Yet u spend a significant chunk of ur time posting obnoxiously long condescending garbage on an anonymous internet forum full of 21 yr olds. U should probably get a hobby (a real-life one).

I had sex with your mom. Twice. It was ok.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue May 03, 2011 10:29 pm

reasonable_man wrote:I had sex with your mom. Twice. It was ok.

Pretty reasonably priced, too!

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue May 03, 2011 10:31 pm

I am glad that once we become lawyers, our mom jokes don't evaporate.

CONSERVATION OF MOM JOKES FTW.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Also, "that's what she said."

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Pretty good trolling. 6/10.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Wed May 04, 2011 1:26 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Pretty good trolling. 6/10.

lol

geoduck wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=152890&p=4316661#p4316661
Unless there's a new Top 3 in Saint Louis....

guess he didn't mean Top 3 then

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”