question about summer school

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

question about summer school

Postby anonymcoffee » Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 pm

hello everyone, I appeal to the wisdom of TLS. I did average (median) during the last semester, not sure yet about the spring semester. In fall, I had two B+s and an A- and the rest were Bs but I feel I did the best in the classes that I studied more for. Do you recommend taking a summer class in the hopes of bumping my GPA? Do employers look different on summer courses? I would take 3 credit trusts and estates, hoping to stock on supplementals, take notes, and focus all my energy on the course - it is on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the evening for 3 hours, I am also not sure how it will be impacted I start work on June 1st full time (non paid, govt). Has any one done summer school, did it help the GPA, did you do better in the course, did you feel you could manage with full time work?

Also, grades would be in late June, early July - would this be too late?

Re: question about summer school

Postby random5483 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Summer school can bump up your GPA if you focus on school. But since you are working, taking even a three unit class might be a bad idea unless your work is part-time.

Not sure why you are asking if grades in July are too late. If you are talking about grades for OCI purposes, July grades are not too late. On the other hand, if you want to transfer/etc, summer grades probably won't be counted (and units will likely not be granted for summer classes due to transfer unit caps).

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”