Sucking at MC exams!

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ok2bedifferent

Sucking at MC exams!

Postby ok2bedifferent » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:33 am

Probably bombed my fed income tax exam, which was completely MC. I know many will say that practice will make it better, but after having done 4 practice MC sample exams, I still managed to f**k it. I somehow manage to cross out one answer or two, but I still ending up guessing...and since this professor deducts points for wrong answers, I left like 7 blanks...

king3780

Re: Sucking at MC exams!

Postby king3780 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:26 pm

ok2bedifferent wrote:Probably bombed my fed income tax exam, which was completely MC. I know many will say that practice will make it better, but after having done 4 practice MC sample exams, I still managed to f**k it. I somehow manage to cross out one answer or two, but I still ending up guessing...and since this professor deducts points for wrong answers, I left like 7 blanks...

Deducting points for wrong answers is dirty.

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 pm

king3780 wrote:
ok2bedifferent wrote:Probably bombed my fed income tax exam, which was completely MC. I know many will say that practice will make it better, but after having done 4 practice MC sample exams, I still managed to f**k it. I somehow manage to cross out one answer or two, but I still ending up guessing...and since this professor deducts points for wrong answers, I left like 7 blanks...

Deducting points for wrong answers is dirty.

That is dirty.

But I'm with you OP. Last semester I aced my K final which was 6 essays, no MC. This semester, he did all MC for those who are better at MC tests. I honestly think the curve could get me on this one. But I've always liked essays because at least you can explain your reasoning behind your answers. But there's no use in worrying about it now. Just keep trucking and focus on the other exams. Good luck to you!

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Look into the Lexis Q & A series.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Also do the MC CALI's.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

You left 7 blanks? How much does he deduct for a wrong answer? If his deduction is like 1/4th or 1/5th of a point you should guess unless you can't eliminate any of the choices. First time I have heard of a professor who deducts for wrong MC answers....wow.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm

I have nothing to offer except my sympathy. I, too, suck at MC exams - no matter how much I practice for them. My problem is that I second guess myself. When I have a lot of time left, I go back and change things when I shouldn't. My 1L crim law exam still haunts me. I had about 10 wrong, and when I went over the exam with my prof, I had all the answers right the first time and then changed them. Sigh.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”