How to deal with imposter syndrome

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
aliarrow

Re: How to deal with imposter syndrome

Postby aliarrow » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 am

pleasetryagain wrote:
northwood wrote:people lie and stretch the truth all of the time. Especially when they meet people for the first time, and in a new environment. Take everything with a grain of salt. Sure some people did great and wonderful things, but more than likely they did some of the things they talked about, and wished or tried and failed to do the rest of the things they say and do.

credited. you will learn that your new classmates aren't as amazing they seem now.

I guess thats true...

I could say: while a freshman I launched my own record label from my dorm and signed several successful artists, this represents my entrepreneurial spirit.

While the reality is: I tried launching one, filled out some legal forms, messaged some crappy bands on myspace, realized I had no idea what I was doing and immediately lost interest.

Just a hypothetical.... :oops:

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:59 am

aliarrow wrote:
I guess thats true...

I could say: while a freshman I launched my own record label from my dorm and signed several successful artists, this represents my entrepreneurial spirit.

While the reality is: I tried launching one, filled out some legal forms, messaged some crappy bands on myspace, realized I had no idea what I was doing and immediately lost interest.

Just a hypothetical.... :oops:

Exactly. Don't get me wrong. I know some pretty impressive, accomplished people and I know some people that are in law because they failed at other stuff. Most people are normal.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:14 am

Really, really good T30. You mean, like, a T-14?

You, sir, are indeed an impostor.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”