Facebook battle: who's right and who's wrong?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Heartford

Re: Facebook battle: who's right and who's wrong?

Postby Heartford » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

The Ninth Circuit is right. They weren't aware of the value of the shares when they settled? Please. And even if they weren't, when there are two sophisticated parties involved in a negotiation like this, and Zuckerberg says "dude, you KNOW this stock is going to be worth (4x as much as reality)", it's not unconscionable- it's just bargaining strategy.
Last edited by Heartford on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Im so fuckin tired of the Winklevosses bitching and moaning. Fuck those guys

Heartford

Postby Heartford » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:07 pm

dr123 wrote:Im so fuckin tired of the Winklevosses bitching and moaning. Fuck those guys

+1. As much as we all like to think of Zuckerberg as an evil billionaire, his is basically a cinderella story, at least as compared to the Winklevosses. I mean, at least the skinny nerd ended up on top of the world, instead of just being a programmer hired by two... Winklevosses.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

the Winklevosses had access to a bevy of highly paid lawyers, including their father who is an expert in valuation, to help them negotiate a favourable settlement.

This pretty much says it all, imo...

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

FTA:

Code: Select all

“Frankly, I am quite incredulous that they’re continuing to pursue the matter,” he said. “I think they would be a lot happier and wealthier if they would take that money and invest it in their therapist.”

knowledgenotebook

Postby knowledgenotebook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 pm

These two are "sophisticated parties", yeah, what puzzled me is why are they still doing it? And they probably also know Game Theory bla bla... There must be a non-monetary purpose in this... Just a speculation... for now, it seems no one is able to have some healthy supervision over FB or FB seems beyond law (see my other post for evidence).

Heartford

Postby Heartford » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 am

knowledgenotebook wrote:These two are "sophisticated parties", yeah, what puzzled me is why are they still doing it? And they probably also know Game Theory bla bla... There must be a non-monetary purpose in this... Just a speculation... for now, it seems no one is able to have some healthy supervision over FB or FB seems beyond law (see my other post for evidence).

Why are they still doing it? This is a dispute over billions of dollars. Why must there be a "non-monetary purpose"? Art thou a troll?

[checking post history]

Yeah, you're a troll.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”