Is this legal?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
knowledgenotebook
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Is this legal?

Postby knowledgenotebook » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Mystery #1
For the life of me I have no idea why FB disabled my account some time last August, I had about 160 'friends', some of them could be useful to my start-up...
Later I found out it wasn't hacked but no specific reason given as to why.

Mystery #2
In the last few days I added a Sharing feature for my app, which would give the user an ability to post stuff directly from my app to his/her FB wall, convenient for sharing. It worked several days ago. Also, a student at a Swedish university verified that it worked for him too. However, it no longer worked yesterday. Today I checked another similar interface (mine is a 'clone' of his), his still works, so, it confirms that no basic code change at FB side, and zero code change at my side, why is this?

Question, if someone at some powerful organization requested/commanded certain FB personnel or have some "insider" to do the dirty work, would it be legal?

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby bilbobaggins » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:49 pm

This is not an appropriate place for personal legal questions. Consult an attorney in your jurisdiction. No one here can give legal advice about your situation.

knowledgenotebook
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby knowledgenotebook » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:This is not an appropriate place for personal legal questions. Consult an attorney in your jurisdiction. No one here can give legal advice about your situation.


Nope. You're WRONG. Law students can try to apply what they've learned into a real world situation. There are people who appear nice but actually not.

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 pm

knowledgenotebook wrote:Nope. You're WRONG. Law students can try to apply what they've learned into a real world situation. There are people who appear nice but actually not.


This is a great point. When I apply what I've learned to this real world situation, however, I find that I am prohibited from providing legal advice pursuant to Rule 5.5 of my jurisdiction's Code of Professional Conduct, because I am not yet admitted to practice.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:
knowledgenotebook wrote:Nope. You're WRONG. Law students can try to apply what they've learned into a real world situation. There are people who appear nice but actually not.


This is a great point. When I apply what I've learned to this real world situation, however, I find that I am prohibited from providing legal advice pursuant to Rule 5.5 of my jurisdiction's Code of Professional Conduct, because I am not yet admitted to practice.


:lol:

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Leira7905 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:
knowledgenotebook wrote:Nope. You're WRONG. Law students can try to apply what they've learned into a real world situation. There are people who appear nice but actually not.


This is a great point. When I apply what I've learned to this real world situation, however, I find that I am prohibited from providing legal advice pursuant to Rule 5.5 of my jurisdiction's Code of Professional Conduct, because I am not yet admitted to practice.

Seriously dude, practicing law without a license is a big NO-NO... And even a licensed attorney can't give you sufficient advice utilizing the information you provided.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:
knowledgenotebook wrote:Nope. You're WRONG. Law students can try to apply what they've learned into a real world situation. There are people who appear nice but actually not.


This is a great point. When I apply what I've learned to this real world situation, however, I find that I am prohibited from providing legal advice pursuant to Rule 5.5 of my jurisdiction's Code of Professional Conduct, because I am not yet admitted to practice.

Haha +1. OP, you sound like a real moran.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Why do people think a legal remedy is always the first step? I do not know.

Contact your fucking Congressmen/women/things.

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Leira7905 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Why do people think a legal remedy is always the first step? I do not know.

Contact your fucking Congressmen/women/things.

***attempting to picture a congress-woman-thing***

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Leira7905 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Why do people think a legal remedy is always the first step? I do not know.

Contact your fucking Congressmen/women/things.

***attempting to picture a congress-woman-thing***

Darth Vader with boobs.
Darth Vader with boobs.

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Leira7905 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:53 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Why do people think a legal remedy is always the first step? I do not know.

Contact your fucking Congressmen/women/things.

***attempting to picture a congress-woman-thing***

Darth Vader with boobs.
Darth Vader with boobs.

I don't know whether to be frightened or aroused :?

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Leira7905 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Why do people think a legal remedy is always the first step? I do not know.

Contact your fucking Congressmen/women/things.

***attempting to picture a congress-woman-thing***

Darth Vader with boobs.
Darth Vader with boobs.

I don't know whether to be frightened or aroused :?


You can't do both?

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby Leira7905 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 am

ResolutePear wrote:I don't know whether to be frightened or aroused :?


You can't do both?[/quote]

Oh no, I can be both... In many cases super-villian + boobs = hott, but Darth is a disfigured, middle aged, half-robot... I gotta draw the line somewhere :wink:
Last edited by Leira7905 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Is this legal?

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:08 am

Leira7905 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:I don't know whether to be frightened or aroused :?


You can't do both?


Oh no, I can be both... In many cases super-villan + boobs = hott, but Darth is a disfigured, middle aged, half-robot... I gotta draw the line somewhere :wink:[/quote]
Darth Vader is the suit. Without the suit, he's a bitchy teenage kid.

Therefore, replace whiny dude filled with hate.. with a hawt chick. WITH BOOBS.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: Is this legal?

Postby dailygrind » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 am

This isn't a legal aid center.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fantasyfreak294, weneedahealer and 3 guests