Declining vision

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Pleasye

Re: Declining vision

Postby Pleasye » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:58 am

zeth006 wrote:Are there any well known ways to get only my lens and not the entire pair of glasses replaced? Looking to save a few bucks and am tired of paying up the roof.

There are places that will just put the lenses into frames you already own. They usually won't take responsibility for your frames though (so if they break while they have them you're shit outta luck and have to buy a new pair).

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:02 am

lol how are people doing their readings? in the dark? 4 hrs straight at a time? like some other posters said, dont let your eyes get fatigued by staring too closely or in dim lighting, and take small breaks every now and then

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:lol how are people doing their readings? in the dark? 4 hrs straight at a time? like some other posters said, dont let your eyes get fatigued by staring too closely or in dim lighting, and take small breaks every now and then

My roommate and I actually bought a professional conference table and built a light structure over it. I'm like 98.765% sure that lighting wasn't the problem haha

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 pm

zeth006 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that their vision has worsened noticeably since school started? Talking to other people and finding it's the same for them. One guy I know never had to wear glasses until just recently. Seems to me staring at the casebook for hours on end might be causing this.

Mine got way worse. I think it's largely from staring at a laptop screen for so many hours each day. I never spent so much time looking at a laptop monitor before law school. I actually just got glasses late last year (and my vision was fine before that).

firemed

Postby firemed » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm

FiveSermon wrote:I'm getting floaters. Anyone who knows what they are know how painfully annoying they can be.

You get floaters because you are getting older, and are nearsighted. Natural process there... sorry. But, if it helps, I hate those too. You do get used to them though.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”