2L Year: What activities are you doing or have been doing?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BarbellDreams

Re: 2L Year: What activities are you doing or have been doing?

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:27 am

I think mock trial/moot court looks good if you want to be a trial attorney. Other than that they are just meh.

Clubs are irrelevant according to multiple attorneys I have spoken with. They all said they barely notice clubs when reviewing resumes.

LR is obviously king and other journals are decent too, really depends on your school. We have 4 secondary journals but only 1 of them supposedly has any real pull within the city.

savagedm

Re: 2L Year: What activities are you doing or have been doing?

Postby savagedm » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:41 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I think mock trial/moot court looks good if you want to be a trial attorney. Other than that they are just meh.

Clubs are irrelevant according to multiple attorneys I have spoken with. They all said they barely notice clubs when reviewing resumes.

LR is obviously king and other journals are decent too, really depends on your school. We have 4 secondary journals but only 1 of them supposedly has any real pull within the city.

In re clubs, while I am not an attorney, from my limited experience I have seen that being in a club doesnt mean anything. However, taking a leadership role tends to look attractive in general, no matter what it is, so long as you can relate it to the law somehow and can have a good story to tell about your accomplishments when it's all said and done. Again, this perspective is only after a year of lawl school and probably is not reflective of the entire legal community; it just has been my experience in my region.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”