Do people usually pay attention in class?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beachbum

Re: Do people usually pay attention in class?

Postby beachbum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:40 am

FalafelWaffle wrote:
beachbum wrote:
FalafelWaffle wrote:
danquayle wrote:I'm long since graduated, and removed from the process

Then why argue about it on the internet?

Because he has something relative to add to the discussion?

I was referring more to his general presence in the forum for law students.

I still don't understand the problem.

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 am

I pretty much always pay attention in class, and I honestly think it's the reason I ended up with good grades last semester. By the end of the semester, I knew exactly what each professor would be looking for on the exam, what they thought was important, and how they wanted to see issues analyzed, so I was able to tailor each exam to each professor. However, I've always gotten more out of lectures than books...maybe I'm just weird like that. I mean, everyone learns differently, so I think people should just do what works for them. Some people think lecturer's pointless, some think the reading's pointless, and some think everything's important. And I know some of each type who are in the top quarter at my school, so there's really no right answer.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 am

beachbum wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I don't see the problem either. There are plenty of times when I browse forums for future high school students and it bothers me beyond belief when they are mistaken about the norms and customs of high school. Though I have long since been graduated and removed from the process, I typically spend my nights debating with them about the importance of AP exams and whether or not people who raise their hands more frequently tend to perform better on vocabulary quizzes.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 am

I enjoy the fact that people who have graduated still frequent the forums. They can answer questions that current students cannot.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 am

There are plenty of times when I browse forums for future high school students and it bothers me beyond belief when they are mistaken about the norms and customs of high school. Though I have long since been graduated and removed from the process, I typically spend my nights debating with them about the importance of AP exams and whether or not people who raise their hands more frequently tend to perform better on vocabulary quizzes.

well done

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
beachbum wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I don't see the problem either. There are plenty of times when I browse forums for future high school students and it bothers me beyond belief when they are mistaken about the norms and customs of high school. Though I have long since been graduated and removed from the process, I typically spend my nights debating with them about the importance of AP exams and whether or not people who raise their hands more frequently tend to perform better on vocabulary quizzes.

cool story, bro.

But if a current attorney wants to share his experience and advice on a forum for law students, I'm not gonna bitch about it. A knowledgeable voice is a welcome change from the 0L (and even 1L) groupthink that goes on around here.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:54 pm

But if a current attorney wants to share his experience and advice on a forum for law students, I'm not gonna bitch about it. A knowledgeable voice is a welcome change from the 0L (and even 1L) groupthink that goes on around here.

the question is why would practicing attorneys care enough to argue with 0Ls and law students. it's funny.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Stringer6 wrote:

the question is why would practicing attorneys care enough to argue with 0Ls and law students. it's funny.

Personally, I find it intellectually interesting. A lot of the professors at my law school heavily researched legal education. It's a better hobby than smoking crack and killing hookers.
Last edited by danquayle on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Personally, I find it intellectually interesting. A lot of the professors at my law school heavily researched this type of stuff. It's a better hobby than smoking crack and killing hookers.

you're one of the good ones

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 pm

This semester I've sucked at paying attention. I listen about half the time in the classes I'm interested in, 0 in the classes where the teacher drones on.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”