MS Word AutoFormat Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTH

Diamond

MS Word AutoFormat

Post by TTH » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Other than turning automatic capitalization off altogher, is there any way to keep Word from auto-capping id. when I use it after the end of a sentence. I try to go into the autoformat settings, click the "Exceptions" button for auto-capping, but when I try to add it to the list, the "add" button is greyed out.

Seriously, where the fuck is MS Word for Lawyers?!

mythosopher

New

Re: MS Word AutoFormat

Post by mythosopher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 pm

I dunno how to turn it off completely, but immediately tapping Ctrl+z undoes an autoformat. I use it all the time when making outlines. MS outline formats are ugly as sin.

dougroberts

Bronze

Post by dougroberts » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Are you using Id. as the citation after a sentence? If so, it is supposed to be capitalized.

mythosopher

New

Post by mythosopher » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:19 pm

dougroberts wrote:Are you using Id. as the citation after a sentence? If so, it is supposed to be capitalized.
Well, that too. See BlueBook R4.1.

leobowski

Silver

Post by leobowski » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 am

mythosopher wrote:I dunno how to turn it off completely, but immediately tapping Ctrl+z undoes an autoformat. I use it all the time when making outlines. MS outline formats are ugly as sin.
Onenote is much better for outlining FYI.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mythosopher

New

Post by mythosopher » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:33 am

Oh damn, I never even thought about using OneNote for outlines. I worship it for day-to-day notes, personal notes, and keeping track of job applications. Does it have an outline feature?

leobowski

Silver

Post by leobowski » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am

mythosopher wrote:Oh damn, I never even thought about using OneNote for outlines. I worship it for day-to-day notes, personal notes, and keeping track of job applications. Does it have an outline feature?
Not specifically, but you can just start an outline tab in each class section. It's much handier and less frustrating than Word, especially if you're using the 2-column method.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”