ms word suppression q

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
onthemoney

ms word suppression q

Postby onthemoney » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:26 am

K - i have a cover page, followed by the rest of my document. I'm supposed top begin with the "#2" from the second page of my document (not including the cover page)? I have MS word 2010. Anyone know how to do this?

fatduck

Re: ms word suppression q

Postby fatduck » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 am

onthemoney wrote:K - i have a cover page, followed by the rest of my document. I'm supposed top begin with the "#2" from the second page of my document (not including the cover page)? I have MS word 2010. Anyone know how to do this?

three steps:

1.) open the header/footer section (by double clicking in the appropriate area)

2.) check the "different first page" box

3.) click Page Number > Format Page Numbers... and you should see a "Start at:" option that you can set to 2 or whatever.

onthemoney

Postby onthemoney » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 am

fatduck wrote:
onthemoney wrote:K - i have a cover page, followed by the rest of my document. I'm supposed top begin with the "#2" from the second page of my document (not including the cover page)? I have MS word 2010. Anyone know how to do this?

three steps:

3.) click Page Number > Format Page Numbers... and you should see a "Start at:" option that you can set to 2 or whatever.

That doesn't work, the number just begins on the second page (1st of my "paper"). I have to hand this in as one submission, but the cover page is really part of the whole document. So really, I need to begin with the "#2" from page 3.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 am

onthemoney wrote:
fatduck wrote:

three steps:

That doesn't work, the number just begins on the second page (1st of my "paper"). I have to hand this in as one submission, but the cover page is really part of the whole document. So really, I need to begin with the "#2" from page 3.

oh, i see.
try this:

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”