MPRE in August??

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
IzziesGal

MPRE in August??

Postby IzziesGal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey guys....looking for 3L input on this. For those of you who have worked in large firms over the summer, would you advise against taking the MPRE in August? Is there enough time to study? I'm thinking it will be better to take it outside of the academic year, but then I am not sure how much free time I will really have to dedicate to the MPRE. Also, not even sure if I need a lot of study time for the MPRE. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :D

ChattelCat

Re: MPRE in August??

Postby ChattelCat » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:18 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Hey guys....looking for 3L input on this. For those of you who have worked in large firms over the summer, would you advise against taking the MPRE in August? Is there enough time to study? I'm thinking it will be better to take it outside of the academic year, but then I am not sure how much free time I will really have to dedicate to the MPRE. Also, not even sure if I need a lot of study time for the MPRE. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :D

It's great to get it out of the way in August. Also three to four days is more than enough time to study.

king3780

Postby king3780 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 pm

ChattelCat wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Hey guys....looking for 3L input on this. For those of you who have worked in large firms over the summer, would you advise against taking the MPRE in August? Is there enough time to study? I'm thinking it will be better to take it outside of the academic year, but then I am not sure how much free time I will really have to dedicate to the MPRE. Also, not even sure if I need a lot of study time for the MPRE. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :D

It's great to get it out of the way in August. Also three to four days is more than enough time to study.

Have you taken any kind of classes in professional responsibility or legal ethics? The MPRE is pretty darn intuitive. I took it last August and studied three hours the day before the exam. I had taken a class the previous semester. I scored a 95 which isn't all that great, but since no jurisdiction requires higher than an 85, it was fine with me.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:06 am

Nah, we're allowed to waive out of taking ethics classes if we do an academic year field placement. So the only training I'll have had is the Barbri review book....sounds like this is sufficient!

lishi

Postby lishi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:42 pm

king3780 wrote: but since no jurisdiction requires higher than an 85, it was fine with me.

just fyi the highest is an 86

But I think taking it in August is fine. You'll have enough time. And in November, exams are coming around the corner and you may be just as stressed, if not more.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”