Closet gays in LS Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fatduck

Gold

Re: Closet gays in LS

Post by fatduck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 am

SBL what are your thoughts on season 4 so far

getitdone

New

Post by getitdone » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 am

guahhh!

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

SBL wrote:If moderators have reason to believe someone is being a racist/homophobe, you're going to get some time off, even if we've just horribly misunderstood you. That's just the way we run things here. If you don't like it, there's always stormfront.org.

Meanwhile, this thread... is on thin ice. Being in the closet in LS is a legitimate topic of conversation, but the letters-to-Penthouse-style OP and lack of worthwhile discussion have me beginning a mental IBTL countdown, so participants, ye all be warned to be on good behavior.
This post made me check out stormfront.org (I never heard of it). These KKK idiots post some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

ogurty

Bronze

Post by ogurty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 am

A'nold wrote:
td6624 wrote:
A'nold wrote:I actually don't think (unless the poster has a long history of such nonsense) that that poster should have been banned for a week without letting him explain. He might have just been acting like an immature college aged dude that was making a "I don't want you trying to get into my pants gay guy" kind of statement that you see on t.v. constantly and appears to be culturally acceptable in pop culture. He might not have actually been saying that he hates gays.
ugh really
:?: Are you really going to take what I said as agreeing with what he said? Please re-read my post and get back to me.
How is saying, unequivocally, that gays need to stay away from him, NOT saying he hates gays?

Come on. I have no opinion on him getting banned, but a comment like that - regardless of how "culturally acceptable" it is - is unadulterated bigotry.

I know your point is that he doesn't MEAN to be horrible, but that's exactly the problem. Cultural norms don't change unless someone speaks up about it.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 am

getitdone wrote:I mean the idea of taking it in the butt is quite disturbing to me!
I await the banhammer as this was a far worse comment than the one first dude made that got a one week ban.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”