classes Where Pre-Written Exam Answers Are Possible

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Re: classes Where Pre-Written Exam Answers Are Possible

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:53 am

Bosque wrote:Aren't pre written answers a violation of the honor code? Unless your schools are substantially different than mine, I think you all just admitted to cheating.

How is prewriting an answer any different than having an outline with you that uses complete sentences? And no its not against our honor code--one of our professors actually told people to do this during office hours. I can't even begin to fathom why any school would call this an "honor violation"

And christmas mouse, how do you know who my professors are :-o but to answer your question, I would state the rule and then if there's alternate takes on it say "however in a jdx tha follows the xyz rule.." I looked at the con law exams online and I am so confused as to how class reading and discussion will turn into THAT.

And it sucks that Ks is closed book because it would hav been awesome to have prewritten answers for an exam like that

edcrane

Postby edcrane » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 am

Bosque wrote:Aren't pre written answers a violation of the honor code? Unless your schools are substantially different than mine, I think you all just admitted to cheating.

Which specific provision of your school's honor code do you think this violates?

christmas mouse

Postby christmas mouse » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Lol we're in the same section. From your previous posts I was able to put it together.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 pm

No. My professors allow anything written into the exam.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:18 am

You guys at least are not copying and pasting into your exam taking software, right? I know for sure THAT is an honor code violation here. And a number of professors have specified no prewritten answers. Might not be a school wide policy, but at least some professors disallow it.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 am

Bosque wrote:You guys at least are not copying and pasting into your exam taking software, right? I know for sure THAT is an honor code violation here. And a number of professors have specified no prewritten answers. Might not be a school wide policy, but at least some professors disallow it.

Its not even possible to copy paste into the exam software--exam software locks down your computer.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”