Law in a Flash--Property and K's Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Gold

Law in a Flash--Property and K's

Post by goosey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I looked on amazon and there are law in a flash cards for property by aspen and also emanuel's---from 2003 and also from 2009...confused which to get? Do I need the most recent cards for property? emanuel's or aspen?

also, should I get these for K's? any luck with them anyone?

dakatz

Gold

Re: Law in a Flash--Property and K's

Post by dakatz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 pm

I have the 1995 edition and they were fine for the general principles. Honestly, I felt like my own personal flashcards were more helpful. I made cards for cases, concepts, vocabulary from class, etc. So I didn't just have general cards, but cards that were specific to my professor.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:39 pm

I used the 2009 Emanuel for my contracts final. Got an A+. Definitely a big part of my success. Like 20-25% weren't really relevant at all, but they're numbered and indexed well, so it's easy to skip over the parts you know you didn't cover in class.

I wouldn't use cards from 20 years ago. Even 10 years ago. There have been a lot of changes in law, especially with respect to the Internet.

PM me if you want specifics about what my class covered.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I bought them, unfortunately by the time I got them, it was the night before my K's final. Anyway, if you want to buy them from me, they're basically unused. Only got a chance to look at them once. I liked them though.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 pm

oops sent a pm as a post

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:27 pm

My professor recommended them for Property. I bought the Real Property and Future Interest sets. I thought they were extremely useful to go over the BLL especially since my professor didn't teach any BLL directly in class. And I loved the mini-hypos they had to review the rules. I received an A- for the class. I have both sets if you're interested in getting them. They do have some marks on them.

My K professor was a little more unorthodox. I tried using the flashcards, but they didn't seem to be that useful for me. I used a lot of Cali lessons for K and I learned pretty much all the laws through Cali.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am

A lot of people had them for Property. I bought the iPhone version for Ks just because I had money to blow on iTunes, I found it mildly helpful. I actually would probably recommend the iPhone version, if you have one, because then you always have them with you and you can sit and do a quick review of something real quick. I think it helped reinforce things.

savagecheater

Bronze

Post by savagecheater » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 am

A lot of people may disagree but I find that Crunchtime and/or K's flashcards are both unnecessary.

I 'got' K's and did well -

I did all the casebook readings, then I used the BLL Outline that the "Doing Well, a Unique Perspective" author at NYU used, to give myself a better understanding of the material.

I also used the K's E&E - it's pretty hit or miss and so if you could snag a used copy at $10 or so I'd say it's worth it, just because it really reinforces certain things. I would reserve the E&E for when you have a finer understanding though, because occasionally the author conflates certain topics which can be a deathtrap if your teacher teaches the material in a certain way - if you know the way your prof has structured the material and understand that's the way they'd like you to understand it, then the E&E is good practice.

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 am

If anyone has the Law in a Flash cards for Property (real property or future interests) I am interested in purchasing them so if you're willing to sell PM me to see if we can agree on a price!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:29 am

And also, how do people feel about older sets of these cards? I know that there is a used set of the future interests cards that I may buy from around 1990...are they going to be useful so many years later or have there been major developments?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:05 am

I used the one for K's and they were really helpful. They were also kinda fun to do so it didn't even really feel like studying. I used them 2 days prior to the exam.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:24 pm

I got both sets and I love them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”