USE of Internet for studying?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
seriously????

USE of Internet for studying?

Postby seriously???? » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm

How often did everyone use the internet this past semester for the purposes of research and studying?

fatduck

Re: USE of Internet for studying?

Postby fatduck » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

seriously????

seriously????

Postby seriously???? » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 pm

yeah, I hope I do not get banned for admitting that I am a OL, but I am curious. Do you use the internet a lot, or very little?
I am a bit detached from the internet world, and just wondering how important it is in law school.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 pm

seriously???? wrote:yeah, I hope I do not get banned for admitting that I am a OL, but I am curious. Do you use the internet a lot, or very little?
I am a bit detached from the internet world, and just wondering how important it is in law school.

First: guard, tackle, or center?

Second: A typical law school syllabus contains a list of case names that you just Google and hope that you can get accurate case briefs for.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

seriously???? wrote:yeah, I hope I do not get banned for admitting that I am a OL, but I am curious. Do you use the internet a lot, or very little?

It depends what kind of course you're talking about. For the substantive courses, you'll probably be using a case book with very little internet research. For Legal Research and Writing, you'll be doing a ton of research on the internet. Other courses that might involve a lot of research are Brief Writing, seminars (that require a paper), or some other skills courses.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

thickfreakness wrote:

First: guard, tackle, or center?

Second: A typical law school syllabus contains a list of case names that you just Google and hope that you can get accurate case briefs for.

You can get good briefs from Westlaw. I use the Westlaw briefs and head notes to create my outlines.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Best briefs are on Lawnix.com if they have that case.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am

Westlaw.com will become your best friend in law school, especially as a 2L and 3L.

That said, GTFO 0L.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”