Mac Users: What Do You Use to Take Notes and Write Outlines?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JustE

Re: Mac Users: What Do You Use to Take Notes and Write Outlines?

Postby JustE » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 am

JDO wrote:Can someone post a screen shot of Evernote and Circus Ponies in action? I would like to combine PDFs and word processing in a single document. What program would be good for this?

Bumping this. Screenshots of Evernote anyone?

deebs

Postby deebs » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 pm

I use someone else's outline

JDO

Postby JDO » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am

I found evernote to be useful. At the very least you can use it as a file management system that will be in the cloud. Create a notebook, Crim Law. Within the notebook, create a folder, Class Notes. Another folder, Reading Notes, etc. Within each folder, create notes, "Class 5" or "Battery" however you want to name them. If you need to use word documents you can import the word document to your Note and it will be filed accordingly. Also, you can particularize a search for all notebooks, all the way down to each individual note. However, the contents in the word file are not searchable.

iThwl

Postby iThwl » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 pm

TTH wrote:I use Circus Ponies and like it a lot. I didn't trust MS Word with my notes/outlines, but I've never used it for Mac or in Notebook mode.

I use this too. Pretty good. I think word for Mac also has similar template though.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”