Making the leap from A-'s to A's

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
downstream

Making the leap from A-'s to A's

Postby downstream » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 am

Got grades back, slew of a-'s.

how does one make the jump to a's? i studied the same for every exam for the most part, took a good amount of practice tests, not a real fan of IRAC, more focused on the "A" portion of that. got to know the profs, tried to tailor it to them. just trying to figure out what i need to do this semester to make the jump, it would help the gpa.

t30, no interest in biglaw (good scholly), want high end government next summer, article iii after graduation. working gov this summer.

Re: Making the leap from A-'s to A's

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:25 am

downstream wrote:Got grades back, slew of a-'s.

how does one make the jump to a's? i studied the same for every exam for the most part, took a good amount of practice tests, not a real fan of IRAC, more focused on the "A" portion of that. got to know the profs, tried to tailor it to them. just trying to figure out what i need to do this semester to make the jump, it would help the gpa.

t30, no interest in biglaw (good scholly), want high end government next summer, article iii after graduation. working gov this summer.

Talk to every professor.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Depending on the T30, a slew of A-'s may in fact put you in the top 10% of the class and there may in fact be little that you can do because you essentially already might be there. Do you have any idea as to the breakdown of your curve?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:42 am

Desert Fox wrote:

Talk to every professor.

TITCR.

downstream

Postby downstream » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 pm

it's ok in terms of the curve, im just curious what i can try to do better. i did get one B+ so that keeps me out of the top 10% (top 10% = straight A-'s). talking to the profs is prob credited. the dude that set the curve in one of my classes literally doubled some of my point totals on various sections even though my grade was an A-. clearly some folks here have figured it out.

One thing I didn't do was quiz myself more throughout the year and do CALI lessons and so forth, that might help.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 pm

do the same but better?

memorize your outline, so you don't have to look stuff up? Say intelligent, and on point things in class to get a participation bonus? Be luckier?

Postby 20160810 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:23 pm

If you attend my t30 then straight a minuses puts you in the top 5% of the class. In which case, chill out.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”