Grade submission (by profs) deadlines

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dinerroll

Grade submission (by profs) deadlines

Postby dinerroll » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 am

Are they more or less adhered to? At my school, according to written policy, professors have to submit grades by the 18th, but I've heard rumors from other 1Ls that they can be as late as mid Feb. Anyone have experience with this? I've only gotten one grade so far.

My apologies if this is already answered in the 1L grading thread but forum search didn't reveal anything, and I didn't think to check this board till that thread grew to 75+ pages.

California Babe

Re: Grade submission (by profs) deadlines

Postby California Babe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

dinerroll wrote:Are they more or less adhered to? At my school, according to written policy, professors have to submit grades by the 18th, but I've heard rumors from other 1Ls that they can be as late as mid Feb. Anyone have experience with this? I've only gotten one grade so far.

My apologies if this is already answered in the 1L grading thread but forum search didn't reveal anything, and I didn't think to check this board till that thread grew to 75+ pages.

This really varies from school to school. You should find out what is typical at your specific school (by asking 2L and 3Ls), rather than what is typical at various other schools. Some schools are much better at getting their faculty to adhere to the deadlines, others are not.

LawSchoolWannaBe

Postby LawSchoolWannaBe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:01 pm

My school gives profs 5 weeks from the last day of all finals. 6 if they teach 2 classes with > 175 students total.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 pm

My 1L year I saw a prof in the hall a week after the grades were supposed to be available. They said, "yeah, I'm working on them."

Really, what do you think they'll do to a tenured prof who is late getting them in, other than ask nicely?

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm

At Northwestern, the hard deadline this year for grades to be submitted by professors was Monday, January 10th. Grades were then all released at the same time on Thursday, January 14th.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”