selling study aids?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
oolala

selling study aids?

Postby oolala » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 pm

just finished my first 1L semester... i had a few study aids i used during the semester, but something's holding me back when i'm trying to sell them away.

is there any value in keeping the study aids/casebooks? do they help for other 2L/3L courses or studying bar exam? thanks!

beach_terror

Re: selling study aids?

Postby beach_terror » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:39 pm

oolala wrote:just finished my first 1L semester... i had a few study aids i used during the semester, but something's holding me back when i'm trying to sell them away.

is there any value in keeping the study aids/casebooks? do they help for other 2L/3L courses or studying bar exam? thanks!

Holding onto some until I see grades on the off chance I can do some research with a prof. Other than that, I don't think there's much/any use to keeping them.

tarp

Postby tarp » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Get rid of them - especially sell the casebooks ASAP before a new edition comes out. They are worthless for future preparation for the bar exam, for real-life practice, etc. The study aids could be somewhat helpful with the bar exam, but you will probably get specialized bar exam review materials at that point, so there's no real point in keeping them. The only exception could be if you plan to take some advanced courses in contracts, for example, you may want to keep a copy of the restatements or a contracts treatise handy; same with property as you may want to refer back if you forget some basic principles, but that is really what the law library is there for.

oolala

Postby oolala » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:08 pm

thank you both so very much. :)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”