Question for DC law students

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
2LLLL

Bronze

Question for DC law students

Postby 2LLLL » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Hey, I'm a DC native 2L who goes to law school in a different city but is back home in DC for winter break. I just got my latest LR case note draft back and I'm going to have to put in a lot of work on it for the next week before school starts. So my question is, can I access the library at any of the DC law schools (GULC, GW, CUA, UDC, AU, not really looking to hike out to GMU) without having to show a student ID (which I obviously don't have)?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Re: Question for DC law students

Postby Aqualibrium » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:28 pm

2LLLL wrote:Hey, I'm a DC native 2L who goes to law school in a different city but is back home in DC for winter break. I just got my latest LR case note draft back and I'm going to have to put in a lot of work on it for the next week before school starts. So my question is, can I access the library at any of the DC law schools (GULC, GW, CUA, UDC, AU, not really looking to hike out to GMU) without having to show a student ID (which I obviously don't have)?

Don't know about all the ones you mentioned, but Howard has a really nice library, and you can just walk in and do whatever. I know a bunch of people that studied for the lsat there.
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2LLLL

Bronze

Postby 2LLLL » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Ah completely forgot about Howard, thank you so much.

warumnicht

New

Postby warumnicht » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Looks like Georgetown lets students from other law schools use the library, and American is open to the public:
http://www.ll.georgetown.edu/policies/who_may_use.cfm
http://library.wcl.american.edu/faq.cfm

George Washington, not so clear. No clue what the OCLC Shares is:
http://www.law.gwu.edu/Library/Pages/AccessPolicy.aspx

dudders

Bronze

Postby dudders » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Not at GW. Need a student ID to get through the turnstiles. Unsure if/how you could get guest privileges.

JaLeCa

Bronze

Postby JaLeCa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Yep, I toured Howard. Awesome library. They let lots of students access it

npe

Bronze

Postby npe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 am

GULC is good about carding us whenever we go through the library. Though if you just need internet, you can take a left before the checkpoint, go down the stairs, and sit on the couches outside the journal offices.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�