Lowest Grade

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
r973

Lowest Grade

Postby r973 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 am

So I am entering my last semester of law school (3L) and I have not gotten any grade lower than a B except for just now. I just saw that a visiting professor from out of state gave me a "C+". I freaked out a bit because my personal goal was not to get any grade lower than a B and it seems a little inconsistent with all my other grades that this visiting professor would come up with a C+. What sucks is I know that on any job interviews I KNOW there are going to ask, "so what happened in that course?" I did NOT freak out on the exam. I do remember that I felt he had WAY TOO many claimaints and claims to analyze in his exam hypos so I do not get to write all that I wanted to, but still a C+???? My law school's standard is usually a B. WTF???

ggocat

Re: Lowest Grade

Postby ggocat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

Don't blame the professor in interviews. Chalk it up to the mysteries of law school. I bet most people with good grades have had at least one WTF grade and will not really understand what went wrong.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 pm

As a 3L with no job, you should be worried more about getting interviews and less about what you'll say once you get them; that's a secondary concern right now. Like the other poster said, everyone gets a "wtf" grade or two. Any partner or associate you talk to will have a similar story to tell. It's not that big a deal.

Lokomani

Postby Lokomani » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:As a 3L with no job, you should be worried more about getting interviews and less about what you'll say once you get them; that's a secondary concern right now. Like the other poster said, everyone gets a "wtf" grade or two. Any partner or associate you talk to will have a similar story to tell. It's not that big a deal.

Seriously, this is the entire point. You can't see the forest for the trees bud. Work on interviewing, not bitching about grades.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 pm

This really makes me appreciate retroactive pass/fail

r973

Postby r973 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks for those you gave constructive comments. To the others, you missed the point. How can I get the interview/job if I have a crappy grade on my transcript? I am worried about getting a job offer. I go to a T20 school in which MOST of the 3Ls do NOT have jobs either.

Welp2277

Postby Welp2277 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 pm

r973 wrote:Thanks for those you gave constructive comments. To the others, you missed the point. How can I get the interview/job if I have a crappy grade on my transcript? I am worried about getting a job offer. I go to a T20 school in which MOST of the 3Ls do NOT have jobs either.

Everyone else missed the point? There is nothing you can do about it now, and you don't really have a pointed question in your original post; you just sound like a whiner. Your OP sounds like you are blaming the professor for the C+, you ever think that maybe your answer sucked?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Welp2277 wrote:
r973 wrote:Thanks for those you gave constructive comments. To the others, you missed the point. How can I get the interview/job if I have a crappy grade on my transcript? I am worried about getting a job offer. I go to a T20 school in which MOST of the 3Ls do NOT have jobs either.

Everyone else missed the point? There is nothing you can do about it now, and you don't really have a pointed question in your original post; you just sound like a whiner. Your OP sounds like you are blaming the professor for the C+, you ever think that maybe your answer sucked?

Agreed, that was a really douchey response OP. I don't see any post in this topic that isn't constructive.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Last edited by Lawquacious on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

esmagalhaes

Postby esmagalhaes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:29 pm

not really a response. just have to get off my chest that i've gotten two grades so far for last semester. B+ and a B. i am very disappointed. i certainly had visions of A's. i did very well on the lsat and i fancy myself a pretty smart fellow. i'm trying to process the whole thing. i thought sharing would be good. i used to be a freaking college teacher go god's sakes. you'd think i'd do better. or i'd think anyway. well i'm trying to be constructive about this. i'm planning on seeing about whether i can find out about how i could have done better. i don't know if professors are keen on that sort of thing, but it's worth a try. maybe this'll also allow my grade grubbing self to put grades into their more proper perspective.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”