Need a Push (Exam Prep)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawstudent8685
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby lawstudent8685 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:05 am

I got my first semester grades and I feel ok about them. I got B+,B,B,B-,and B-. I feel that I can take it to the next level this spring semester. I was not able to take practice exams and just prepared by reviewing and using multiple choice questions. I will review my exams in a couple weeks and see where I need to improve. I need individual who were able to obtain the A's to give me some advice as to how to hit the A- or A range. Thank you and happy new year to everyone.

random5483
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby random5483 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Your best bet is asking people who got As and A-s in your school or with the professors you are going to have. Asking online won't be as much help. You might be going to a more competitive school. Your professors might have looked for something different than the other person's professor looked at.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby thecilent » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 pm

lawstudent8685 wrote:I got my first semester grades and I feel ok about them. I got B+,B,B,B-,and B-. I feel that I can take it to the next level this spring semester. I was not able to take practice exams and just prepared by reviewing and using multiple choice questions. I will review my exams in a couple weeks and see where I need to improve. I need individual who were able to obtain the A's to give me some advice as to how to hit the A- or A range. Thank you and happy new year to everyone.

You won't hit As without PTs. Why were you unable?

lawstudent8685
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby lawstudent8685 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:22 pm

I was one of the many relationships that was broken up by the law school experience lol. I did not take it well and tried to fix it and it cut into my exam prep time. I did very well considered that I did not take practice test, but I know that I could have done better. How many practice test would you suggest to take to be in good shape?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby thecilent » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:42 pm

As many as you can get your hands on that have model answers

lawstudent8685
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby lawstudent8685 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Thank you

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby GeePee » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:59 pm

thecilent wrote:As many as you can get your hands on that have model answers

Even the ones that don't have model answers are good to take as long as you discuss them with some classmates.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Need a Push (Exam Prep)

Postby thecilent » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:07 pm

GeePee wrote:
thecilent wrote:As many as you can get your hands on that have model answers

Even the ones that don't have model answers are good to take as long as you discuss them with some classmates.

True true. Or even with the professor once or twice, too, if they will allow




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KissMyAxe, TheDapperDruid, ValeVale and 7 guests