interview with fed judge, need tips

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
usuaggie

interview with fed judge, need tips

Postby usuaggie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:20 pm

I haven't spent time around judges, so I need some tips for my interview tomorrow. I would really like this job.

Right now, I'm reading how the federal district court works, and I read "nail your law job interview." I don't think I am great at interviewing, but I'm feeling more confident than usual.

So, any tips would be helpful.

plum

Re: interview with fed judge, need tips

Postby plum » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:54 am

Last edited by plum on Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawquacious

Re: interview with fed judge, need tips

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:15 am

plum wrote:
usuaggie wrote:I haven't spent time around judges, so I need some tips for my interview tomorrow. I would really like this job.

Right now, I'm reading how the federal district court works, and I read "nail your law job interview." I don't think I am great at interviewing, but I'm feeling more confident than usual.

So, any tips would be helpful.

congrats! when is your interview? i don't have any tips for judges in particular but generally i always try to remind myself to: maintain eye contact!!! (this can be hard if you get nervous), also pausing to think before you speak can prevent you from saying umm/uhhs/likes and other useless fillers and will probably make you sound more articulate. i would just go in with total confidence, and no matter what you're hit with, just pause a moment and answer with confidence. i'm sure it can be easy getting nervous/scared in front of a stern judge, so it's important to not allow that in at all, and just go in with total confidence. you got this.

+1

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”