Unofficial Law School Transcript Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Richie Tenenbaum

Unofficial Law School Transcript Question

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:58 pm

So, I only have one grade in so far (1L). I was getting everything in order to apply for summer stuff when I noticed the acronym "MNB" next to the only grade that I have received. I have no clue what this means. Anyone know?

king3780

Re: Unofficial Law School Transcript Question

Postby king3780 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:So, I only have one grade in so far (1L). I was getting everything in order to apply for summer stuff when I noticed the acronym "MNB" next to the only grade that I have received. I have no clue what this means. Anyone know?

My guess would be: Median B. Is B the median at your school?

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Unofficial Law School Transcript Question

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am

king3780 wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:So, I only have one grade in so far (1L). I was getting everything in order to apply for summer stuff when I noticed the acronym "MNB" next to the only grade that I have received. I have no clue what this means. Anyone know?

My guess would be: Median B. Is B the median at your school?

Hmmm that might be it-- median is ~3.3 (wouldn't that be a B+ median though?). It might be Mean B since each first year class the class average must be between 3.25 and 3.35. Maybe the class average was below a 3.30, and thus the mean was a B (and it would say MNB+ if the class avg was 3.30-3.35).

In any case, thanks for the response! This all makes a lot more sense than it meaning Magyar Nemzeti Bank (google, you failed me.)

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”