Best way to cram/attack Property 1 final?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sethc

Best way to cram/attack Property 1 final?

Postby sethc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey guys, I need some feedback on how to attack a Property exam (1st termer here). I've taken Ks, Crim, and Torts so far.

I haven't had much issue with studying for these (performance = entirely different) and what I should know.. but Property is somewhat of a different beast in comparison to the other 3. What's worse is my professor's basic advice was "everything is fair game" - in other words his lecturing/preparation has been rather lackluster. Here's how our exam breaks down:

30 M/C (should be able to handle these) @ 60pts
10 Future Int. problems w/o RAP i.e. theres a conveyance wrote out and we have to label what interests each have (have these down good enough I guess)@ 30pts
1 Essay w/ 3 questions @ 30pts
Total = 120pts

My trouble is primarily with the essays - I have NO clue what to expect. He only has a few past exams and ones from the last ~5 terms have no answer key/guide and from what I can see, the issues in the past essays are TOTALLY all over the place.. there's no consistency so I can't really make an educated guess on what to look for.. other than the fact that they don't seem to include Future Interests whatsoever.

Luckily, he told us he has a massive curve, but I want to do good enough so I won't be on my hands and knees praying the curve saves me.

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks!

savagedm

Re: Best way to cram/attack Property 1 final?

Postby savagedm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Break into your professors office and adversely possess it.

sethc

Postby sethc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Haha touche - if I could upvote/digg you I so would.. funny you mention that, too, my crim exam had an MC choice to that effect today lol

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Don't underestimate MC. In my experience either it's really easy and makes for a tiiiiight curve or it's deviously hard.

sethc

Postby sethc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah, that's a good call. The importance of MC really didn't click to me until preparing for today's final (so, 1/2way thru finals). I mean, not that I blew them off or anything like that.. but they're objectively graded (right or wrong) and the more you get right makes them less nitpicky (generally speaking) when it comes to essays. So, I took EXTRA special care today and plan to tomorrow too because Prop is my weakest.. I just really am stressing over the essay because I really don't have a clue as to what to be on the lookout for ugh

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 pm

I did every future interest problem the internet had to offer and my prof still found ways to trick us. He's kind of a smart dude...

Our other M/C's weren't that bad. Just make sure you know the BLL cold. Memorize the shit out of your outline.

sethc

Postby sethc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 pm

yeah, thanks for the support man. I actually thought it was easy after I took it this morning.. well... I'll put it this way: it could have been worse lol

the MC were a tad tricky.. one of those wow-I-feel-good-but-it-wouldnt-shock-me-if-I-fucked-up sort of feelings lol. The future interests, for us, weren't worded too terribly tricky.. but I think I may have over-thought some of them and screwed up a few. But, he's giving partial-credit on some of them if we didn't get the whole thing right - so I feel like I probably got 60-70% of the available points there. I NAILED the essay though.. it was exactly what I studied this morning right before walking in.. basically had to analyze a fact-pattern with AP/Covenant Against Encumbrances/Deed Warranties/Breach of marketing-K, remedies, SOF and how it relates to marketability of title.. oh and broker's duty to disclose and all that shit. I think I only left out a few minor things, so I should get almost all of the points on the essay.. plus our prof's curve is supposedly MASSIVE because he knows he isn't very good at teaching. *fingers crossed*

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”