SDNY/NDCA USAO 1L Summer Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sfdreaming09

Bronze

SDNY/NDCA USAO 1L Summer

Post by sfdreaming09 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 am

*posted this in the employment forum but seems like nobody goes over there so im posting here

So, I'm not terribly familiar with the whole USAO process, but from what i understand, USAO in general--and SDNY//NDCA/CDCA in particular--are supposed to be ridiculously competitive. And the civil division within these offices are, from what I understand, even harder. So I don't quite understand how I've already gotten interviews with each of the three offices (the only 3 USAOs I applied to) (and the civil divisions within each of them). I'm at HYS, but I don't have very much in terms of a resume: came straight from college (although I did have a considerable amount of leadership positions while there), no specialized background (i.e. not engineering or finance, etc.)...so, do they just do a ton of these interviews? Or does getting an interview mean you have a good shot or what exactly? I guess I'm just confused because if theyre as competitive as people make them out to be, I'm sure there are a ton of people from HYS (+ CCN) who have much more interesting resumes than me, so I'm just

If anybody has any info that would be nice

Renzo

Gold

Re: SDNY/NDCA USAO 1L Summer

Post by Renzo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 am

*posted this in the employment forum but seems like nobody goes over there so im posting here
Lots of people go there. But lots of people do not post on internet boards in the middle of finals. Have some patience.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”