Burnt out Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
irishman86

Bronze

Re: Burnt out

Post by irishman86 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 am

Are you guys all 1Ls?

Who else is beginning to study for a final? Yes, beginning. (Not a 1L.)

irishman86

Bronze

Post by irishman86 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:Yes. I thought torts was easy until today.
+ 1 million and then some.............It is easy until you try to learn it in a day and a half.
Torts is probably the easiest class you'll take in law school, so tbh, I think it's crammable in a day and half. Get a good outline, and type quickly on the exam. At least for my class, it was mainly just an issue spotting typing test.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 am

irishman86 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
+ 1 million and then some.............It is easy until you try to learn it in a day and a half.
Torts is probably the easiest class you'll take in law school, so tbh, I think it's crammable in a day and half. Get a good outline, and type quickly on the exam. At least for my class, it was mainly just an issue spotting typing test.
Fair enough. In the time since I made that post, I'm pretty sure I've learned most of the class, so, yeah, you're pretty much right. The only problem with our professor is that we don't get to use outlines or notes or anything, and he expects us to know the majority rule and each minority rule for everything, which isn't so great.

onthecusp

Bronze

Post by onthecusp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am

Fuck....closed book.....exams.

I hate having to waste time memorizing shit, instead of actually learning the material.

Also, fuck my contracts professor for making memorization of the restatements the key to success on the final. Furthermore, if I ever here the word manifestation again......

I feel so drained, emotionally spent, done, exhausted; property final on Friday morning and I'm trying to study and I just can't do it.

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:50 am

I took the night of each final off during the nearly 2 week window of my finals week. I also took a few hours off each day to do leisure activities (movies, work out, football games, etc). Overall, I was not very burnt out once finals were over.

I took the advice of some 2Ls. They told me to make sure I took breaks. I would recommend you do so in the future.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:33 am

IAFG you gunner, I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've got just enough to get me to friday at 11:31 and then I'm collapsing into a pool of alcohol.

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
irishman86 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
Fair enough. In the time since I made that post, I'm pretty sure I've learned most of the class, so, yeah, you're pretty much right. The only problem with our professor is that we don't get to use outlines or notes or anything, and he expects us to know the majority rule and each minority rule for everything, which isn't so great.
The only thing that really scares me about torts is the curve.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:39 am

I had to spend 13 hours today making up for the idiocy I've exhibited in my crim class. I'm going to work through practice problems tomorrow, discuss w/ amigos in the afternoon and then chill out tomorrow night because if I don't know, I won't know it. I wish I could say Friday was my last exam day, but they ruthlessly scheduled CivPro for next Wednesday.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:59 am

Stanford4Me wrote:I had to spend 13 hours today making up for the idiocy I've exhibited in my crim class. I'm going to work through practice problems tomorrow, discuss w/ amigos in the afternoon and then chill out tomorrow night because if I don't know, I won't know it. I wish I could say Friday was my last exam day, but they ruthlessly scheduled CivPro for next Wednesday.
It just seems wrong to be taking an exam three days before Christmas, doesn't it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 am

not only burnt out, but i studied for my tests in direct proportion to how early they came... meaning I have no idea what went on in Legislation & Regulation.... AND there aren't even hornbooks for this darn class!?!

go4hls

New

Post by go4hls » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:not only burnt out, but i studied for my tests in direct proportion to how early they came... meaning I have no idea what went on in Legislation & Regulation.... AND there aren't even hornbooks for this darn class!?!
Yeah, I'm def getting hints of burnt taste in my mouth. But honestly it's not THAT bad. Leg-Reg is prolly the class w/ the least amount of material to actually learn - some of it is tricky, but in terms of quantity it is definitely the least.

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

irishman86 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
This was what I thought, until I took our torts final.

2/3's of the exam was whether the P had enough proof of negligence to take to the jury. The other 1/3 of the exam was on material we literally breezed over the last few days of class.

Our class was not happy, to say the least. (also our prof had a sly smile when he was handing out the exams).

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:I had to spend 13 hours today making up for the idiocy I've exhibited in my crim class. I'm going to work through practice problems tomorrow, discuss w/ amigos in the afternoon and then chill out tomorrow night because if I don't know, I won't know it. I wish I could say Friday was my last exam day, but they ruthlessly scheduled CivPro for next Wednesday.
It just seems wrong to be taking an exam three days before Christmas, doesn't it?
What feels more wrong is I don't even care that Christmas is right around the corner. FINALLLLLS

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
What feels more wrong is I don't even care that Christmas is right around the corner. FINALLLLLS
Helm, it's almost un-American.

I realized the same thing on Monday, beach. I was walking around a grocery store and was like "Christmas is next week and I haven't even really thought about it because of finals." Getting older Finals suck.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 pm

I studied so hard for Ks and Property that I just didn't give a shit about Crim Law... shitting myself right now. Test in T-2:45 and I don't know shit about fuck. Nicotine levels: high.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Done.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:19 pm

IAFG wrote:Done.
Congrats. Enjoy getting so drunk that you don't sober up for a few days.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:21 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Heh, I want to put that on all of my holiday cards this year. ;)

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:24 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Already puked. Oops.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 pm

IAFG wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Already puked. Oops.
Wow, well done. Envious.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Bottom third secure on crim law. :\

Too bad I have to be on a bus at 12:00am and I can't get shit tanked. :\

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”