1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:07 am

happy187 wrote:Lrw b-

Not a good start


Me too :( At first I was worried about being below median, and now I'm even more worried about being below a 3.0. Good luck though!!

dB, do you know how we check our grades when they come out? Thanks!

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 am

forty-two wrote:
happy187 wrote:Lrw b-

Not a good start


Me too :( At first I was worried about being below median, and now I'm even more worried about being below a 3.0. Good luck though!!

dB, do you know how we check our grades when they come out? Thanks!

It seems like they should just be posted on opus, but I'm not 100% about that, because lwrap still isn't. Best case scenario neither of us figure it out and simply never look at our grades?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JCougar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 am

I was doing fine with holiday festivities and applying for summer jobs to distract me, but now that those are over, I'm bored out of my mind, and coupled with the fact that 5 out of 6 sections have already gotten at least one grade (with mine being the 1 that didn't) is really starting to frustrate me.

I'd really like to get moving on the job process, but I really have no idea where I stand right now, and where I should be focusing my job search. And I don't want to be distracted by stuff like that once school starts.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 am

as stars burn wrote:Just got an email that my Crim. grade is posted and it'll probably take me another hour before I open it. This is what I get for measuring my self-worth to grades heh.

Take a shot, check the grade. Repeat as necessary.

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:23 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Just got an email that my Crim. grade is posted and it'll probably take me another hour before I open it. This is what I get for measuring my self-worth to grades heh.

Take a shot, check the grade. Repeat as necessary.


Thanks Brown!

B+ in Crim!!!! Halle-fucking-lujah!

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 am

Just got another grade back.

"Satisfied" for my 1-day-0-credit-hour professionalism class.

What a waste of a near heart attack.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:40 am

delBarco wrote:
forty-two wrote:
happy187 wrote:Lrw b-

Not a good start


Me too :( At first I was worried about being below median, and now I'm even more worried about being below a 3.0. Good luck though!!

dB, do you know how we check our grades when they come out? Thanks!

It seems like they should just be posted on opus, but I'm not 100% about that, because lwrap still isn't. Best case scenario neither of us figure it out and simply never look at our grades?


Thanks! That's what I was thinking too, but I was kind of confused for the same reason. Oh well, at least we're confused together?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:41 am

as stars burn wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Just got an email that my Crim. grade is posted and it'll probably take me another hour before I open it. This is what I get for measuring my self-worth to grades heh.

Take a shot, check the grade. Repeat as necessary.


Thanks Brown!

B+ in Crim!!!! Halle-fucking-lujah!

Nice!

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:48 am

delBarco wrote:Just got another grade back.

"Satisfied" for my 1-day-0-credit-hour professionalism class.

What a waste of a near heart attack.

Oh, so everything is on OPUS? Thanks!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JCougar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 am

as stars burn wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Just got an email that my Crim. grade is posted and it'll probably take me another hour before I open it. This is what I get for measuring my self-worth to grades heh.

Take a shot, check the grade. Repeat as necessary.


Thanks Brown!

B+ in Crim!!!! Halle-fucking-lujah!


Great job!

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby solotee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 am

Borhas wrote:sensible gunners, I salute you
--ImageRemoved--


I think I watched this like 50 times lol

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:12 am

solotee wrote:
Borhas wrote:sensible gunners, I salute you
--ImageRemoved--


I think I watched this like 50 times lol


+1

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dibs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 am

***
Last edited by dibs on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSUPHL
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby MSUPHL » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 pm

im content with my grades, etc...dont want to post in here since im sure some classmates are reading and they already know i am. My question is: How do you generally find your class rank?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

MSUPHL wrote:im content with my grades, etc...dont want to post in here since im sure some classmates are reading and they already know i am. My question is: How do you generally find your class rank?

Your school should provide cutoffs. At my school, they only do the precise rank through like the top 5-10%. Then you just get the percentile cutoffs.

MSUPHL
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby MSUPHL » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
MSUPHL wrote:im content with my grades, etc...dont want to post in here since im sure some classmates are reading and they already know i am. My question is: How do you generally find your class rank?

Your school should provide cutoffs. At my school, they only do the precise rank through like the top 5-10%. Then you just get the percentile cutoffs.


ok thanks. Where can you usually see the cutoffs? I dont see it on my grade page.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 pm

MSUPHL wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
MSUPHL wrote:im content with my grades, etc...dont want to post in here since im sure some classmates are reading and they already know i am. My question is: How do you generally find your class rank?

Your school should provide cutoffs. At my school, they only do the precise rank through like the top 5-10%. Then you just get the percentile cutoffs.


ok thanks. Where can you usually see the cutoffs? I dont see it on my grade page.


Check the main site for your law school and look through stuff for current students maybe, that is where we have a PDF file available for checking the cutoffs. Or maybe email someone at your school?

User avatar
klussy
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby klussy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

what does "CALI'd" mean?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby OGR3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm

klussy wrote:what does "CALI'd" mean?


Top grade in the class.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm

klussy wrote:what does "CALI'd" mean?


if motedust is in your class, you dont have to worry about it...he doesnt know how to not book classes, he tried once, and he accidentally booked it even harder

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby quickquestionthanks » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

A+ in Contracts. Didn't make an outline. Fucked four chicks this semester. Smoked weed every day.


Ahh...the advantages of not revealing your identity on TLS....

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:A+ in Contracts. Didn't make an outline. Fucked four chicks this semester. Smoked weed every day.


Ahh...the advantages of not revealing your identity on TLS....


being humble is for pussies

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4856
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Borhas » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

LWR not in yet, but it's not in GPA anyway

Crim: A
CivPro: A-
Property: B+

all in all very happy, but kind of disappointed about my Property final... it was by far my favorite class, and I thought I nailed the final
Last edited by Borhas on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
daesonesb
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby daesonesb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Borhas wrote:LWR not in yet, but it's not in GPA anyway

Crim: A
CivPro: A-
Property: B+

all in all very happy, but kind of disappointed about my Property final... it was by far my favorite class, and I thought I nailed the final


You may not complain. It isn't permitted with a 3.67 GPA.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4856
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Borhas » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 pm

truth




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benwyatt, Bing [Bot], Desert Fox, Justtrying2help, Rich29, splitterfromhell, tinafeyclone and 9 guests