1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JordynAsh

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:34 pm

philosoraptor wrote:I'm flummoxed that my civ pro prof hasn't yet posted grades from her scantron-only exam. Another section got its multiple choice test results the day after finals ended.

Me too! Sorry, I know you're in my section, but I don't know who you are.

/creepiness

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:I'm flummoxed that my civ pro prof hasn't yet posted grades from her scantron-only exam. Another section got its multiple choice test results the day after finals ended.

/creepiness

:)

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 pm

heyyitskatie wrote:we had a professor write us yesterday to tell us that she submitted our grades, but that they won't necessarily show up for a few more days. torture. I was doing sooo well with putting it in the back of my mind until I read that email.

got this e-mail today from my LRAW prof, is it so hard to attach a spread sheet with blind grading IDs and grades? come on now

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:

/creepiness

:)
+1

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

dakatz wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:

word of the day :P

I'd post a link to a Pee Wee secret word of the day video if I could find it. That s*** still manages to crack me up.

This isn't exactly right but it still made me laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOM3ESX9qNA

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:

word of the day :P

I'd post a link to a Pee Wee secret word of the day video if I could find it. That s*** still manages to crack me up.

This isn't exactly right but it still made me laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOM3ESX9qNA

The laughing each time he says crack is sorta hilarious

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I might be able to pull straight B-.

I won't get a B- in CLR, but my C in civpro (and probably Ks) will make up for it.

at this point only being a *little* below median would be a huge win

Below median party at my house! We can drink the liquor leftover from NYE.

I'm in.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

nyyankees wrote:do not speak ill of professor smith! i will not have it! haha

i think she also probably has to have some conversations about understanding how the curve here and finding out who to talk to at the registrar, there may be more than meets the eye here.

also, her whole thing was that she wanted you to demonstrate that you understood the concepts which means she has to kind of read into things a little more than people who say i will give you points for correctly naming an issue and if you speak about it but do not mention it by name then you get no/less points

No ill intent. She was my favorite professor last semester. But I figured given the smaller section, we might see that grade first. Property and LRW we'll be lucky if the professors care enough to turn the grades in.

Mr.Feeny

Postby Mr.Feeny » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Grades in. A, A and A-

I'm so shocked.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Mr.Feeny wrote:Grades in. A, A and A-

I'm so shocked.

Well done, congrats!

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:18 pm

God, how I wished my school didn't wait SOOOO long to get grades out. Its pretty ridiculous.

SeymourShowz

Postby SeymourShowz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm

dakatz wrote:God, how I wished my school didn't wait SOOOO long to get grades out. Its pretty ridiculous.

no shit.. I have to wait another week. Maybe even longer.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Mr.Feeny wrote:Grades in. A, A and A-

I'm so shocked.

Congrats man! You killed it.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Congrats to Mr.Feeney!

Also, I can relate to those suffering in waiting further. I thought grades were being released tomorrow, but I double-checked my email and it looks like that is the earliest one of the assistant Deans said they would be released. :?

Postby 02122015 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm

I think my school waits until after classes start to release grades, including for LRW, just so we can watch people break down publicly in front of everyone rather than alone at home over break.

Edit: I really have no idea how I did; the only thing I'm super confident about is that I'll be shocked if I didn't get a perfect score on the scantron portion of my LRW final.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

If last year is any indication, not a single grade will be released until after the first week of classes is over

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

MSPeast wrote:I think my school waits until after classes start to release grades, including for LRW, just so we can watch people break down publicly in front of everyone rather than alone at home over break.

Edit: I really have no idea how I did; the only thing I'm super confident about is that I'll be shocked if I didn't get a perfect score on the scantron portion of my LRW final.

Should be exciting.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:54 pm

dakatz wrote:If last year is any indication, not a single grade will be released until after the first week of classes is over

Tell me you don't go to Texas.

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

word on the street (i.e. 2Ls) is that NYU grades come out late january, well into 2nd semester and some don't come out until February...

please correct me if i'm wrong though, as i'm anxiously waiting

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
dakatz wrote:If last year is any indication, not a single grade will be released until after the first week of classes is over

Tell me you don't go to Texas.

Nope, not Texas

Postby 02122015 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm

IAFG wrote:
MSPeast wrote:I think my school waits until after classes start to release grades, including for LRW, just so we can watch people break down publicly in front of everyone rather than alone at home over break.

Should be exciting.

Yeah, I just checked... my school posts all fall grades on 1/20, which is the Thursday of our first week of regular classes (effectively a Friday for most people). I seriously hope there's a bar review that day; it should be most interesting. I'm gonna bet that you can guess peoples' grades by seeing what they're drinking:
- Champagne: Someone aced everything.
- Nice beer or happy shots: Above median
- Cheap beer: Somewhat below median
- Desperate, desperate shots: Bombed fall semester

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm

MSPeast wrote: - Desperate, desperate shots

This basically describes my drinking habits all the time though.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:First grade is up and I'm mighty pleased! As long as Ks doesn't dominate me... I think I'll be happy with my semester.

I must have totally missed this. Congrats man. I knew you would do well. You were worrying for nothing! :D

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 pm

MSPeast wrote:
IAFG wrote:

Should be exciting.

Yeah, I just checked... my school posts all fall grades on 1/20, which is the Thursday of our first week of regular classes (effectively a Friday for most people). I seriously hope there's a bar review that day; it should be most interesting. I'm gonna bet that you can guess peoples' grades by seeing what they're drinking:
- Champagne: Someone aced everything.
- Nice beer or happy shots: Above median
- Cheap beer: Somewhat below median
- Desperate, desperate shots: Bombed fall semester

:lol:

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:First grade is up and I'm mighty pleased! As long as Ks doesn't dominate me... I think I'll be happy with my semester.

I must have totally missed this. Congrats man. I knew you would do well. You were worrying for nothing! :D

Yeah, I didn't see that either- that's awesome Romo! 'Gratz man.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”