1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Tangerine Gleam

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

@Random: Congrats dude

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 pm

romothesavior wrote:First grade is up and I'm mighty pleased! As long as Ks doesn't dominate me... I think I'll be happy with my semester.

Mother fucker! I know Greenfield put grades up and now another section?! Man B/E needs to step this shit up I can't take it much longer.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 pm

motedust wrote:
romothesavior wrote:First grade is up and I'm mighty pleased! As long as Ks doesn't dominate me... I think I'll be happy with my semester.

Mother fucker! I know Greenfield put grades up and now another section?! Man B/E needs to step this shit up I can't take it much longer.

Its nerve-racking, to be sure. I wonder what the hell is going on with LP. I mean, we turned those in almost two months ago!

I obviously don't want to talk about grades much on here since so many people know my TLS handle at WUSTL, but I'll just say if I am happy or not. And right now, I'm happy. I think my prediction that it will all come down to Ks is going to pan out to be true.

myq

Postby myq » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:
motedust wrote:

Its nerve-racking, to be sure. I wonder what the hell is going on with LP. I mean, we turned those in almost two months ago!

I obviously don't want to talk about grades much on here since so many people know my TLS handle at WUSTL, but I'll just say if I am happy or not. And right now, I'm happy. I think my prediction that it will all come down to Ks is going to pan out to be true.

Section C just got an e-mail saying we can pick up our open memos...but I'm not in St. Louis yet.

mlipsco

Postby mlipsco » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Congrats! I felt about Property the same way you seem to feel about Contracts, so I'm not too happy about my first grade. Not upset though, just rolling with it at this point. Good luck with the rest of your grades!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

This thread has been WUSTL'd.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

myq wrote:Section C just got an e-mail saying we can pick up our open memos...but I'm not in St. Louis yet.

I would get in my car and drive the 2 and a half hours to get it, if I got that email. :lol: I have a few things to do in STL that aren't worth it on their own, but that would make it worth it. for sure

mlipsco wrote:

Congrats! I felt about Property the same way you seem to feel about Contracts, so I'm not too happy about my first grade. Not upset though, just rolling with it at this point. Good luck with the rest of your grades!

Thanks, you too.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:00 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:This thread has been WUSTL'd.

T19 SECURE

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Congrats, romo!

random5483 wrote:Cannot find my "predictions" from earlier, but I just got my results back. 3 As and 2 A+s. Much better than I predicted. If only I had these results before Christmas/New Years! Would have saved me some stress

That is absolutely amazing. I have to admit that I'm jealous :lol:.

Tangerine Gleam wrote:First grade up. Stoked/shocked

Yay!

Nice to see everyone in this thread is having good results so far (and I promise that I will personally post even if the rest of my grades are crap... especially CivPro in which I expect to be below-median pwnd).

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:06 pm

missinglink wrote:Jan 11 cannot come soon enough.

I'll say:
Legal Writing : A
Torts : B
Contracts : B+
CivPro : A-
:

Holy shit.

A in Contracts. Nothing else is in yet.

I'm shocked. I missed at least 2 issues on the last essay, and literally only got one sentence and half a sentence out on another issue.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 pm

motedust wrote:

+1

solotee

Postby solotee » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

I am impressed by the results so far. Makes me so proud.

ogurty

Postby ogurty » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

missinglink wrote:Holy shit.

A in Contracts. Nothing else is in yet.

I'm shocked. I missed at least 2 issues on the last essay, and literally only got one sentence and half a sentence out on another issue.

This makes me feel better because I know I missed issues on Contracts too.

Although all this talk of good grades here makes me think I'm going to be the one complaining about the bad grades.

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

rapstar wrote:
eandy wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:We are supposed to have all our grades by Jan. 18th but I'm not going to hold my breath. On the bright side, they are released as they are submitted by the professor.

Same, but I do not see this as being on the bright side. Having to drown my sorrows multiple times is not good for my liver or my wallet.

eandy - do you know when and how our grades will be released?

Supposedly we get an email telling us to pick them up. Chaos ensues. All 6 times. Suggested date for them to be turned in is January 15th.
Last edited by eandy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:52 pm

solotee wrote:I am impressed by the results so far. Makes me so proud.

Maybe the people with bad grades don't post herp derp

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

rad law wrote:

especially since a lot of the people aren't posters i recognize, coming in out of nowhere

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Open memo grade came back, and it's shit. HGL is going to owe me drinks.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

bjsesq wrote:Open memo grade came back, and it's shit. HGL is going to owe me drinks.

I'm 75% sure I'm getting a B, 25% B-.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:56 pm

rad law wrote:

That would be my guess. Or people are lying.

ETA: A in LAWR!!!! Especially since I'm the freak that had that as my favorite class :lol:.

<---- Not lying
Last edited by keg411 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

keg411 wrote:
rad law wrote:

Nobody is lying. It's a bunch of people from schools that don't have a huge TLS presence who have a place to celebrate.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

keg411 wrote:
rad law wrote:

Lying on an anonymous forum seems rather pointless, but I can imagine it happening.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
eandy wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:We are supposed to have all our grades by Jan. 18th but I'm not going to hold my breath. On the bright side, they are released as they are submitted by the professor.

Same, but I do not see this as being on the bright side. Having to drown my sorrows multiple times is not good for my liver or my wallet.

Yea I want the bandaid ripped off. In fact I'd appreciate just being emailed by GPA. Then being able to look up individual grades an hour later.

All I want is a text with my GPA. Never want to see my individual grades. Especially civ pro. Or Ks. Or Crim. Or Torts. Or CLR. Fuck.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 pm

bjsesq wrote:Open memo grade came back, and it's shit. HGL is going to owe me drinks.

Use the spreadsheet to see how low that discretionary C will bring me, even if I do decently in my other classes...

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Nobody is lying. It's a bunch of people from schools that don't have a huge TLS presence who have a place to celebrate.

i am going to have to create an alt if i want to post my grades since TLS and IRL are too closely intertwined :?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:This thread has been WUSTL'dNorthwestern'd.

Man there must be something in the water over at those splitter concentration camps.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”