1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Eco » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am

When do grades at GW come out?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dudders » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 am

Eco wrote:When do grades at GW come out?


I'm told we "should" have grades by the end of January.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:38 am

keg411 wrote:Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).


Best of luck keg

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 pm

rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).


Best of luck keg


+1

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:44 pm

rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).


Best of luck keg


I don't know if I can wish a Yankee fan good luck.

mlipsco
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby mlipsco » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).


Best of luck keg


I don't know if I can wish a Yankee fan good luck.


Ditto. Go Cubbies!

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Woke up from a nightmare this morning that I got a 0.9 in Torts.

Grades come out tomorrow.

User avatar
soaponarope
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby soaponarope » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Well... all of my grades are in...

Torts: A+
K's: B+
Legal Writing: B+
Civ Pro: B-

GPA 3.42

I'm not surprised with any grades (except for the A+) and I'm not disappointed with any grades (thought I was going to get a C in civpro/ I knew I missed some issues).

Hopefully, these grades (and next semester grades) are good enough for law review.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dailygrind » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:16 pm

BriaTharen wrote:Woke up from a nightmare this morning that I got a 0.9 in Torts.

Grades come out tomorrow.


best of luck.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dudders » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:39 pm

dudders wrote:
Eco wrote:When do grades at GW come out?


I'm told we "should" have grades by the end of January.


Update: prof said today it's either the second or third Friday in January.

plum
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby plum » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm

uva ppl know where we go to check for grades?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:00 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Got an e-mail saying grades will start to come out this afternoon. I was expecting it, but still. On top of that, I had a grade dream within a grade dream last night (and all of the results were ugly).


Best of luck keg


I don't know if I can wish a Yankee fan good luck.


:lol:

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 5ky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:09 pm

plum wrote:uva ppl know where we go to check for grades?


SIS I think? But I wouldn't expect much for at least a bit.

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dibs » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:49 pm

these stress dreams are starting to break me down.

last night i had the most wtf one yet. i had a visiting spanish professor, who was absolutely insane, teaching me property. the exam was match column a with column b, and nothing was related to property at all. it was like movies and actors. the essays were math questions, and i didn't end up turning in the exam anyway and getting an F. wtf brain. wtf.

need grades now.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby missvik218 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm

I've been trying desperately to forget that we even have grades ... And I'm not really sure when we're supposed to get the (last two weeks of Jan I think). But I'm heading back to school now and the anxiety is beginning to settle in!!

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dailygrind » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm

5ky wrote:
plum wrote:uva ppl know where we go to check for grades?


SIS I think? But I wouldn't expect much for at least a bit.


i'm kind of hoping to be a free rider on this one. most of the section is probably as keyed up as we are, and the moment grades are available there'll almost certainly be a section wide email.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 pm

missvik218 wrote:I've been trying desperately to forget that we even have grades ... And I'm not really sure when we're supposed to get the (last two weeks of Jan I think). But I'm heading back to school now and the anxiety is beginning to settle in!!


Where the hell have you been?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 5ky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:13 pm

dailygrind wrote:
5ky wrote:
plum wrote:uva ppl know where we go to check for grades?


SIS I think? But I wouldn't expect much for at least a bit.


i'm kind of hoping to be a free rider on this one. most of the section is probably as keyed up as we are, and the moment grades are available there'll almost certainly be a section wide email.


Yeah, i figure that'll be the case. By the time I wake up, the chances that a grade has been posted and EVERYONE has missed it are pretty slim. I do wish the UVA law blog were still up and running though, it'd be nice to have some sort of idea when to expect something happening.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:16 pm

rad law wrote:
missvik218 wrote:I've been trying desperately to forget that we even have grades ... And I'm not really sure when we're supposed to get the (last two weeks of Jan I think). But I'm heading back to school now and the anxiety is beginning to settle in!!


Where the hell have you been?



poor poor rad law, just doesn't understand why someone would choose to leave the internet



(ignore my post count)

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

It is hard to enjoy my vacation when I can't fight the urge to check back at this thread.

Why am I so weak mentally : (

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
rad law wrote:
missvik218 wrote:I've been trying desperately to forget that we even have grades ... And I'm not really sure when we're supposed to get the (last two weeks of Jan I think). But I'm heading back to school now and the anxiety is beginning to settle in!!


Where the hell have you been?



poor poor rad law, just doesn't understand why someone would choose to leave the internet



(ignore my post count)


I cannot leave. I have grown accustomed to the porn.

plum
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby plum » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm

you all have ridiculously disturbing tars.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4862
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Borhas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Woot! got an A in crim

I wish they'd post them all at once though... but w/ civ 5 and TLS hopefully I can fast forward to when they post the rest... or at least till the Sugar Bowl

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 pm

A- in Torts. I'll take it.

I really want my LAWR grade; I know it's weird because it's only two credits, but as a writer it means the most to me.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests