1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dailygrind

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dailygrind » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:38 pm

LSAT waiting was bad. this is worse. i don't even want to contemplate bar results.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 pm

At least the Bar isn't curved

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:50 pm

In my dream last night, I saw my grades show up on an electronic billboard one by one, and they landed me a 3.98. After much rejoicing, I realized they weren't MY grades, but the best grades in the section, and I had something crappy. It was a serious let-down.

blackdragons

Postby blackdragons » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 pm

had a nightmare last night too. All the sudden I thought I missed a major point on the test. After I woke up this morning, I finally remember that was the practice question I had done few months ago...

non sequitur

Postby non sequitur » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:45 pm

I'll go ahead and try my hand in this. A precautionary note: I could foresee my actual grades in these courses going outside my predictions. Like many of you, I truly don't know what to expect. However, I feel confident in giving the following range predictions.

Torts: C+ to B+. I felt least well after this exam compared to the others. There was a 400 word limit on each essay question. Four essays and ~50 MC. Closed book.

Ks: B- to A-. I felt better about this exam than Torts, but I still did not feel well after the fact. It was a three hour exam in which four hours were allotted. It was too relaxed for my liking, and I am worried my analysis was weak and that I missed many issues. I can't imagine I get below a B-, though. I believe I knew the material fairly well, but who knows. Open book.

Civ Pro: B+ to A+. Felt great about this exam initially after taking it. Feeling worse and worse as time drags on. I know I missed a couple of issues. This was a true issue spotter/write down as much coherent/relevant text as you can. I think this will be my best subject; at the very least in terms of grasping the course material, if not the grade. Closed book.

Crim Law: B to A. Felt pretty good about this, but I know I missed some minor things. I had a strict rule to not discuss the exams, and many of my student-colleagues professed to follow a similar restriction. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my classmates were so loose lipped, and I overheard some of them discussing issues and analysis for this exam. This was the first exam, so I avoided my classmates for the entire day of exams after such an egregious transgression. Closed book.

LW: B- to B+. I was median pwned for the first two memos. The third and final memo was worth half of the class grade which has not yet been released, and I know I made many improvements on it. But I'm sure my classmates did, too, so who really knows.

LR: A- to A. I hated LR with a passion, particularly the dry and monotone professor. But we received grades on assignments throughout the semester, so I'm fairly certain my minimum grade is an A- (barring some horrendous fail on the *worth 20% of grade* final exam).

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Dream one during my nap yesterday was that I got two A's and a B+ (awesome) but then looked at the other side of my report card (?) and there was a C from Legal Writing, with comments from my professor mocking how bad my final memo was.

Then I had a dream last night that I Cali'd Civil Procedure which was great until I woke up

SmittenMitten

Postby SmittenMitten » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:02 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:
random5483 wrote:I did not realize I was stressed about grades. I thought I was calm. Then this morning, I woke up from a scary dream where I got a 3.25 for my first semester. My dissapointment woke me at 8:30 am, and the very first thing I did after waking up was check grades (not out yet). I can't lie to myself anymore! I am very worried about grades.

This had to happen on New Years Eve. Another few days of fooling myself would have been nice.

At this point I'm so convinced that I've failed that a 3.25 would be a like gift from heaven.

+1 Seriously.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Had a dream that I hadn't even taken my civ pro final, and that they put it off to give us more time, but suddenly all that time was gone and I freaked out. WHY CAN'T MY BRAIN ACCEPT THAT IT'S OVER

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:18 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:At least the Bar isn't curved

False. The MBE is scored on a scaled basis and most states curve their essays. I forget whether the MPT is curved or not.

:?

Is it a more forgiving curve at least?

stayway

Postby stayway » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 pm

this wait is seriously killing me

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:59 pm

nooyyllib wrote:this wait is seriously killing me

Urg I've been laying around all day worrying about it. I've got at least ten days more waiting, but probably more like 2 weeks.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Urg I've been laying around all day worrying about it. I've got at least ten days more waiting, but probably more like 2 weeks.

Our grades aren't even due for two more weeks, so we probably have like a month.

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Our grades aren't even due for two more weeks, so we probably have like a month.

My Torts prof was in the hospital and won't get to grading them until Feb.

stayway

Postby stayway » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I'm hoping thats not the case for my civ pro prof.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Just hope he gets to yours shortly after taking his painkillers.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Ours are supposed to start rolling out on Monday (at least for LAWR), but I'm skeptical that it will actually happen. At least classes starting on Wednesday should be a distraction.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:55 pm

So many summer internships require being in the top whatever percent. While I'm 99% sure I'm at the bottom of the class, at least if I know my grades, I won't waste time writing cover letters. 2 more weeks.

plum

Postby plum » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 pm

go watch 127 hours. it'll make you feel better about grade waiting.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 am

Just woke up from a dream where I was handed back my final memo with a grade of C- because I used the wrong algorithm. My brian can't even remember I'm in law school now and not coding anymore. Guess it is time to join this thread.

5 more days if I'm lucky, 8 days max

mths

Postby mths » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:43 pm

CyLaw wrote:Just woke up from a dream where I was handed back my final memo with a grade of C- because I used the wrong algorithm. My brian can't even remember I'm in law school now and not coding anymore. Guess it is time to join this thread.

5 more days if I'm lucky, 8 days max

<3

you got it Cy

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm

plum wrote:go watch 127 hours. it'll make you feel better about grade waiting.

In a tangentially-related note, his sister graduated from Duke Law in '09

ogurty

Postby ogurty » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Tomorrow the records office staff goes back to work, so I can begin obsessively checking the online grade report.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:55 pm

ogurty wrote:Tomorrow the records office staff goes back to work, so I can begin obsessively checking the online grade report.

This. We got Legal Writing over break, but the other 4 start coming back tomorrow...

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:30 am

clintonius wrote:In my dream last night, I saw my grades show up on an electronic billboard one by one, and they landed me a 3.98. After much rejoicing, I realized they weren't MY grades, but the best grades in the section, and I had something crappy. It was a serious let-down.

Had a similar electronic billboard dream, except my name wasn't in the first list so I got bummed. Then realized it was for a class I hadn't taken. Then they displayed the grades for my classes and I was in the top 5 for all of them, including an A+ in civ pro.

My subconscious is much more optimistic than my conscious self.

foxtrottortxof

Postby foxtrottortxof » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 am

Oh yeah, only 5 WEEKS till grades come out.

: D

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”