1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:12 pm

mths wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Remember, grades DO NOT define who you are as a person.

just ask corsair


lololol

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:03 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:The same however can not be said for your future job that is entirely dependent on these grades.


Which, in turn, may end up defining you as a person.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:37 am

I refuse to try and even guess the grades.

I really want one A. That's it. Just one. Doesn't even matter what class, just one A.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19663
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 am

kalvano wrote:I refuse to try and even guess the grades.

I really want one A. That's it. Just one. Doesn't even matter what class, just one A.


i want an A of some sort in one of the classes taught by our superstar teachers, i.e. where everyone knew everything important because the teacher was great. if i can get some sort of A there, i can get it anywhere.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby mths » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 am

betasteve wrote:The comments re: Corsair coming from 1Ls without grades and with marginal personalities are amusing and potentially ironic - which would make them even more amusing.

your whore mouth

User avatar
quickquestionthanks
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:53 am

Triangles wrote:I can't decide whats worse, waiting for grades, or waiting for a flight to NYC after mine was canceled. At least the flight thing gets news coverage, so the world can know my plight. I want TV crews to show up and ask me how I think I did in Contracts..


ha! pretty good for your 7th post

been having grade dreams for weeks

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby RVP11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:57 am

betasteve wrote:The comments re: Corsair coming from 1Ls without grades and with marginal personalities are amusing and potentially ironic - which would make them even more amusing.


+1

If this talk were aimed at Vanwinkle we would have already seen that banhammer he's so proud of.

1234543523

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 1234543523 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:50 pm

RVP11 wrote:
betasteve wrote:The comments re: Corsair coming from 1Ls without grades and with marginal personalities are amusing and potentially ironic - which would make them even more amusing.


+1

If this talk were aimed at Vanwinkle we would have already seen that banhammer he's so proud of.


VW hasn't even been around lately, so your comment is kind of bizarre.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm

A+ in Torts. So happy.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:06 pm

traehekat wrote:A+ in Torts. So happy.


Grats bro. Was this in line with your prediction?

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Kilpatrick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:39 pm

traehekat wrote:A+ in Torts. So happy.

Wow! congratulations!

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby RVP11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

f7 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:
betasteve wrote:The comments re: Corsair coming from 1Ls without grades and with marginal personalities are amusing and potentially ironic - which would make them even more amusing.


+1

If this talk were aimed at Vanwinkle we would have already seen that banhammer he's so proud of.


VW hasn't even been around lately, so your comment is kind of bizarre.


Hi Vanwinkle.

Vanwinkle's profile page wrote:"Last visited: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm"

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:41 pm

traehekat wrote:A+ in Torts. So happy.


Congrats :).

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Ty all.

rad - I felt pretty good about the exam leaving, but the few ppl I talked to also felt good so I really had no idea what to think.

User avatar
evilxs
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby evilxs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Awesome news, congrats!! Still checking mine twice a day :evil:

1234543523

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 1234543523 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:04 pm

RVP11 wrote:
f7 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:
betasteve wrote:The comments re: Corsair coming from 1Ls without grades and with marginal personalities are amusing and potentially ironic - which would make them even more amusing.


+1

If this talk were aimed at Vanwinkle we would have already seen that banhammer he's so proud of.


VW hasn't even been around lately, so your comment is kind of bizarre.


Hi Vanwinkle.

Vanwinkle's profile page wrote:"Last visited: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm"


Yeah, you got me. I clearly mean he hasn't really posted lately, so your comment stems from some neurotic personal animus toward VW, which is further evidenced by the fact that your comment was a total non-sequitur (basically what beta said).

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Trae, that's awesome man. Big congrats! Hopefully more good news is to follow.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby RVP11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

betasteve wrote:I don't understand how your post followed mine. It's a bit of a non-sequitor. Also, the fixation is also a little odd.


Two posts about a popular mod, and one merely speculating that a certain username is his alt = a fixation?

Okay dood.

1234543523

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 1234543523 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Do you really think that VW would have a Rainbow Stalin tar?

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby RVP11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 pm

f7 wrote:Yeah, you got me. I clearly mean he hasn't really posted lately, so your comment stems from some neurotic personal animus toward VW, which is further evidenced by the fact that your comment was a total non-sequitur (basically what beta said).


Your retort is a non sequitur because your avatar suggests the nerd sitting behind the computer has a sense of humor.

Also, your avatar would be more fitting if it were of Freud, given you seem to like playing your hand at amateur psychology.

Seriously, though, if you say you're not Vanwinkle then I believe you - whatever. I understand that there's heightened sensitivity when his name gets mentioned these days.
Last edited by RVP11 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby BruceWayne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:29 pm

RVP11 wrote:
f7 wrote:Yeah, you got me. I clearly mean he hasn't really posted lately, so your comment stems from some neurotic personal animus toward VW, which is further evidenced by the fact that your comment was a total non-sequitur (basically what beta said).


Your retort is a non sequitur because your avatar suggests the nerd sitting behind the computer has a sense of humor.

Also, your avatar would be more fitting if it were of Freud, given you seem to like playing your hand at amateur psychology.



LOL you're about to get banned--you know how sensitive they've gotten lately. On another note, what's the earliest you've heard for UVA 1L's getting grades?

plum
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby plum » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 pm

BruceWayne wrote: On another note, what's the earliest you've heard for UVA 1L's getting grades?

beginning of january? --LinkRemoved--

1234543523

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 1234543523 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:39 pm

RVP11 wrote:Your retort is a non sequitur because your avatar suggests the nerd sitting behind the computer has a sense of humor.


I assume this is a compliment?

Image

RVP11 wrote:Seriously, though, if you say you're not Vanwinkle then I believe you - whatever. I understand that there's heightened sensitivity when his name gets mentioned these days.


You don't have to believe me, but it's obvious that my posting style is nothing like Vanwinkle's.



Anyway, I'll stop derailing the 1L grade commiseration thread now.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby RVP11 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 pm

f7 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:Your retort is a non sequitur because your avatar suggests the nerd sitting behind the computer has a sense of humor.


I assume this is a compliment?

Image


You: 18 posts per day, me: 7.68 posts per day. We're both clearly nerds, dude. :oops: But you're well on your way to crushing my post count.

f7 wrote:Anyway, I'll stop derailing the 1L grade commiseration thread now.


Me, too.

1Ls: you're all going to fail.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19663
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

plum wrote:
BruceWayne wrote: On another note, what's the earliest you've heard for UVA 1L's getting grades?

beginning of january? --LinkRemoved--


fuck me, why do i check this thread? that's simultaneously the best and worst news i've heard in the last week.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, LgownaCav, Ramrezyeh, wg6524, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests