1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
traehekat

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Wed May 18, 2011 6:30 pm

lovelaw27 wrote:I got an A on my Property 2 exam. This was seriously the one class I was worried about. I walked out of the exam an hour early. I figured the exam was really easy or I missed something big and bombed the exam. Thankfully it was just easy.

an hour early? holy shit, i refuse to even go to the bathroom during a 4 hour exam.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 18, 2011 6:31 pm

traehekat wrote:
lovelaw27 wrote:I got an A on my Property 2 exam. This was seriously the one class I was worried about. I walked out of the exam an hour early. I figured the exam was really easy or I missed something big and bombed the exam. Thankfully it was just easy.

an hour early? holy shit, i refuse to even go to the bathroom during a 4 hour exam.

My nerves make me piss at least twice in a 4 hour exam lol

lovelaw27

Postby lovelaw27 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:33 pm

traehekat wrote:

Yeah I was like wtf when I finished with like an hour left. I looked over everything agains and couldn't find anything I had missed. He said he made the exams a lot easier now, but I was like damn.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 pm

beach_terror wrote:
traehekat wrote:

My nerves make me piss at least twice in a 4 hour exam lol

I lose touch with my bodily senses and functions during the exam. Not only have I never used the bathroom during an exam, but I've never felt like I have to. I'm sure I actually did have to go at times, but I just cease to feel it. Same goes for the time I took an exam with a stomach virus. The adrenaline took over and I didn't feel anything anymore. The second exams end, everything rushes back to me and I gotta run to take a piss, eat a huge meal, etc. But during that 3 or 4 hour window? I might as well just be a brain that is wired to my computer with my body back at home.

jkay

Postby jkay » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Thirteen wrote:
rad law wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:Do not want.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I actually took a smoke break during one final. It felt good to mentally refresh halfway through. I get fidgety sitting in one place for so long.

solotee

Postby solotee » Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm still feeling the effects of being raped in Con Law, beat up in Crim Law, bad luck in K's and incompetency in Writing. I am not looking forward to my grades, nor do I want to think about them.

For now, ignorance is bliss.

Congrats to all who owned so far!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

missinglink wrote:I actually took a smoke break during one final. It felt good to mentally refresh halfway through. I get fidgety sitting in one place for so long.

A guy I know takes multiple. I use smokeless during the actual exams.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm

rad law wrote:
missinglink wrote:I actually took a smoke break during one final. It felt good to mentally refresh halfway through. I get fidgety sitting in one place for so long.

I don't smoke, but I routinely get up and walk outside during exams. Getting out of that confined space even for just five minutes is well worth the time lost typing.

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I get up approximately 57 times per exam and I always finish the exam early. I blame caffeine and a generally fidgety nature.

I have NO IDEA how people sit there zoned in for three plus hours and don't move. I usually sit in the back on the end so I don't distract the whole world fidgeting and getting up a lot. (I'm basically a 5-year-old in a 22-year-old body.)

At first I was all DO NOT WANT about grades. Now that I have one I've checked my transcript 16 times in about two hours. I HAVE A PROBLEM

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:I get up approximately 57 times per exam and I always finish the exam early. I blame caffeine and a generally fidgety nature.

I have NO IDEA how people sit there zoned in for three plus hours and don't move. I usually sit in the back on the end so I don't distract the whole world fidgeting and getting up a lot. (I'm basically a 5-year-old in a 22-year-old body.)

TTH, J. concurring. I usually get up to go to the bathroom at least once or twice per exam. I don't necessarily have to, but I get too fidgety just sitting there and I find the brief walk and back helps me clear my mind and refocus.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Sigh of relief over here. I did better on my Ks exam than expected. I didn't blow it out of the water by any means, but I'm above median, and as my first grade, I'm more than fine with that. Phew.

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 pm

rad law wrote:

i've sometimes thought about putting a fat dipper in before an exam, but I do it so rarely I'm afraid it would fuck me up.

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 pm

TTH wrote:
rad law wrote:

i've sometimes thought about putting a fat dipper in before an exam, but I do it so rarely I'm afraid it would fuck me up.

Sounds to me like a good reason to become a regular dipper.

mths

Postby mths » Wed May 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I don't move during exams. I always bring in a redbull and a vitamin water but whatever I didn't drink before the exam will be left after.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 pm

mths wrote:I don't move during exams. I always bring in a redbull and a vitamin water but whatever I didn't drink before the exam will be left after.

I usually end up taking a couple of bites of food and a few sips of my caffeinated beverage of choice, but other than my first exam (where I had to get up to pee twice), I have never left the room.

Jackie O

Postby Jackie O » Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

mths wrote:I don't move during exams. I always bring in a redbull and a vitamin water but whatever I didn't drink before the exam will be left after.

same here, then after I finish I realize I'm about to faint from severe thirst and hunger and probably have had to pee for 2 hours

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 pm

TTH wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote:I get up approximately 57 times per exam and I always finish the exam early. I blame caffeine and a generally fidgety nature.

TTH, J. concurring. I usually get up to go to the bathroom at least once or twice per exam. I don't necessarily have to, but I get too fidgety just sitting there and I find the brief walk and back helps me clear my mind and refocus.

Last semester I basically sprinted to and from the testroom when I had to piss, but this time around I tried to use it to clear my head and chill a little. Coming back in with a clear mind hopefully helps this time around.

solotee

Postby solotee » Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 pm

I just checked my grades, and con law is in :|

This is literally the class where 10 days before the exam, I didn't know wtf I was doing, and realized I approached the class completely wrong.

During the exam, we got two questions... 50% each, four hours total.

did not know wtf I was typing during the exam, and got an A- :shock:

Oi, I've given up hope on figuring this law school game out.. but am happy with the grade.

mths

Postby mths » Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Jackie O wrote:

same here, then after I finish I realize I'm about to faint from severe thirst and hunger and probably have had to pee for 2 hours

totally

For my 4 hour civpro exam this semester, I was hot when I came into the room so I took off my sweater and took the exam in a t-shirt. Soon as it was over, I started shaking violently because apparently I was freezing.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 pm

solotee wrote:I just checked my grades, and con law is in :|

This is literally the class where 10 days before the exam, I didn't know wtf I was doing, and realized I approached the class completely wrong.

Oi, I've given up hope on figuring this law school game out.. but am happy with the grade.

I hate people that pull this shit off, but congrats man.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm

solotee wrote:I just checked my grades, and con law is in :|

Grats, this is what I'm praying for this semester.

solotee

Postby solotee » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Based on how people felt after the exam (like shit), I know it was the curve that saved me.

No past exams available for this class, nor did he give an example on how to answer a hypo. Even with this grade, I'll forever have a grudge for what I've been put through.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 am

I'd absolutely kill for a curve save in con law. After talking to my class, everyone seems to agree that it was beyond brutal. I really flailed on that exam and didn't mention much of the relevant stuff. My discussion was disjointed and ugly. And with a very tight word limit, there was no room for error. That was the only class where I felt certain to hit some level of a B. All other classes I felt like could very well be A-. But I'd go streaking if con law came back A- given how much I hated the subject and how poorly the exam went for me (in my gut feeling).

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu May 19, 2011 12:21 am

I've waited to post about exams because I'm not too happy with them. Each one had a significant multiple choice section and those are just really, really hard to gauge.

I was in the top 5% last semester, I suspect my grades this semester will drop me to ~20-25%.

In conclusion: I hate multiple choice.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”