1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
geekrocker37

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby geekrocker37 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 am

traehekat wrote:ugh just got con law and evidence grades in. gpa currently in a free fall, particularly because of evidence. really need crim to come through (god knows civ pro isn't going to be pretty).

Condolences, man.

This thread could easily become a support group for those of us who experience a free fall.

mbusch22

Postby mbusch22 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 pm

geekrocker37 wrote:
traehekat wrote:ugh just got con law and evidence grades in. gpa currently in a free fall, particularly because of evidence. really need crim to come through (god knows civ pro isn't going to be pretty).

Condolences, man.

This thread could easily become a support group for those of us who experience a free fall.

+1 Big ole Free-fall coming my way in T-4 weeks.

--ImageRemoved--

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri May 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I guess that's the good thing about not having done all that well last semester. I mean, I COULD go down, but odds are better that I will see an increase or at least stay the same this semester.

Postby 02122015 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:20 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I guess that's the good thing about not having done all that well last semester. I mean, I COULD go down, but odds are better that I will see an increase or at least stay the same this semester.

My fall grades sucked, and I worked a lot harder last semester than I did this semester...

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 pm

MSPeast wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:I guess that's the good thing about not having done all that well last semester. I mean, I COULD go down, but odds are better that I will see an increase or at least stay the same this semester.

My fall grades sucked, and I worked a lot harder last semester than I did this semester...

I did too, but I get the feeling that the extra work didn't help any.

non sequitur

Postby non sequitur » Fri May 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Sogui wrote:Done, I'm among the tiny minority that feels miserable now that exams are over.

I have a very clear image of full B's rolling in next month.

This.

LRW: B/B- I was median pwned on the brief.
Con Lawl: B/B+ I hadn't the slightest clue what the professor wanted. It's a shame too because this was my favorite class.
Civ Pro: B+/A- I hated this class, but I felt decent coming out of the exam. Similar feeling after last semester's exam (A-).
Ks: A- The professor has a generous curve, writes a 3 hour exam and gives you 4 hours, and makes what she wants painfully clear. I won't rule out being curve pwned entirely, though.
Property: B- I think I missed a MAJOR issue on the long essay question. I said at the beginning of the semester this was going to be another Torts (B), and I think it will be.

Free falling GPA commences in 4 weeks.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri May 13, 2011 12:41 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

I did too, but I get the feeling that the extra work didn't help any.

+1000000000000

attractive_NUisance

Postby attractive_NUisance » Fri May 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Anyone know when NU Law grades are supposed to come out for spring?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri May 13, 2011 1:00 pm

geekrocker37 wrote:

Condolences, man.

I thought I knew who you were, but now I don't. You must not dress in a way that would link you with your avatar/username.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri May 13, 2011 1:00 pm

attractive_NUisance wrote:Anyone know when NU Law grades are supposed to come out for spring?

I asked a 2L who said last year they came out on June 1. I imagine some time around then, but who knows?

citydweller09

Postby citydweller09 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Anyone know when grades come out at HLS? I'm guessing late June, considering the 5 week wait last semester, but maybe there's a quicker turnaround in the spring ... ?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:43 pm

I'll be joining you in free-fall land soon enough.

Chiglaw

Postby Chiglaw » Fri May 13, 2011 2:08 pm

I don't predict anything wonderful but I feel like I felt the exact same way last semester so I'm hoping the curve treats me just as kindly. For the amount of stress endured, better remain in the top 10% :cry:

Essentially a lot of feelings with no certainty...ONWARDS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

quiver

Postby quiver » Fri May 13, 2011 4:15 pm

DONE

not predicting great things for my grades though...

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Starting to feel more pessimistic.

CLR: B
Conlaw: B-
1st Am: B
Property: C+
State & Local Gov: C
:|

Journal prediction: JTIP

geekrocker37

Postby geekrocker37 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:44 pm

beach_terror wrote:
geekrocker37 wrote:

Condolences, man.

I thought I knew who you were, but now I don't. You must not dress in a way that would link you with your avatar/username.

I like to fly under the radar, dude. I'll reveal myself at some point, hopefully when we both are at the law review orientation meeting :D

TTH

Postby TTH » Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Been done for a couple days so far. Got my LW grade back and am happy with it. My contracts grade should be okay. I'm really dreading property, con law, and legislation.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm

geekrocker37 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
geekrocker37 wrote:

Condolences, man.

I like to fly under the radar, dude. I'll reveal myself at some point, hopefully when we both are at the law review orientation meeting :D

Let's hope so 8)

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Torts was a shitshow for me. May not even be employable after this. Le Sigh.

Property -- A- (?)
Torts -- Fail minus
Admin -- A-/B+

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:31 am

Haven't been on in a while during exam period, but I'm done! Now time to wait for grades. Con Law was a beast today.

Predictions:

CivPro- A
Property- A-/B+
Con Law- B+/B
Con Crim Pro- B+
LRW- B+

uwb09

Postby uwb09 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:34 am

everything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Property

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sat May 14, 2011 4:45 am

Signing back onto this thread for spring semester grade waiting... prob shouldn't though... I heard grades don't generally come back at my school until near the end of June..

How do people already know all their grades? Am I missing something? I thought all schools had at least a 3-week turn around..

Then again, I think my LR grade might be coming out soon (that class ended early). I don't want to see any of my grades until all are back though....

Arrrgggh.. I should stay away from this thread. :x

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat May 14, 2011 8:49 pm

new predictions, now that I am done with exams

con law- b+ [if im lucky]
K's- A or A-
Property- C...B if I am lucky

property KILLLLLLED me. like, brutally murdered me.

mercer2013

Postby mercer2013 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:53 am

Finished yesterday. No clue how some of my grades will turn out, but i'll give the predictions a shot.

Legal Research- A, hopefully. Final was only like 45% and I had a good start
Legal Writing- Anywhere from B- to A... no clue
Con Law- B+, maybe A- if insanely lucky. Counting on the curve. Brutal exam that I heard many did not finish...
Civ Pro- A-
Sales- A- hopefully. Terrible final, but 35% of my grade was already settled going in.
Legal Profession- B+ super tight curve, everybody pretty much ends up with the same grade I'm told...

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Great, the feared daydreams return. I'll be doing something normal and then all of a sudden I'll just picture checking my grades and seeing straight Bs. Sweet depression, how I've missed you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”