1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 pm

shaw's up

ShakeDemHatersOff
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby ShakeDemHatersOff » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 pm

man I feel like a God

got a interview with a firm that pays market rate

and got 2 more lined up through the schools OCI program

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:29 pm

ShakeDemHatersOff wrote:man I feel like a God

got a interview with a firm that pays market rate

and got 2 more lined up through the schools OCI program

Cool story bro, wrong thread.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JazzOne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

ShakeDemHatersOff wrote:man I feel like a God

got a interview with a firm that pays market rate

and got 2 more lined up through the schools OCI program

Dude, your firm doesn't pay above market? Slacker.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

ShakeDemHatersOff wrote:man I feel like a God

got a interview with a firm that pays market rate

and got 2 more lined up through the schools OCI program


I hope you will be able to hide what a pretentious douche you are long enough to get through the interview

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 am

Wow. I just heard that one Columbia CivPro professor has still not posted grades. Insane.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:05 pm

If you still don't have grades by now I am really truly sorry. I thought our January 20th deadline was bad.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby parker09 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:Wow. I just heard that one Columbia CivPro professor has still not posted grades. Insane.


YEAH :evil: STURM.
seriously, it was kind of fun when everyone was collectively whining about not having grades yet, but now that it's down to just one civ pro class...

lawschoolftw
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby lawschoolftw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

still waiting on a crim grade

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Foozle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:10 pm

parker09 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:Wow. I just heard that one Columbia CivPro professor has still not posted grades. Insane.


YEAH :evil: STURM.
seriously, it was kind of fun when everyone was collectively whining about not having grades yet, but now that it's down to just one civ pro class...

It's just us now? Damn it.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby parker09 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Foozle wrote:
parker09 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:Wow. I just heard that one Columbia CivPro professor has still not posted grades. Insane.


YEAH :evil: STURM.
seriously, it was kind of fun when everyone was collectively whining about not having grades yet, but now that it's down to just one civ pro class...

It's just us now? Damn it.


:( :( :( :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Have you people complained or tried to move things along?

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Foozle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:22 am

Should be either today or tomorrow now.

This really sucks. I've had an interview with a judge canceled because they hired somebody. They had asked for grades before and, even though they were willing to interview me without them, I kind of wonder if not having grades delayed the scheduling of my interview.

EDIT:...and it's up

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby parker09 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm

FI.NAL.LY.

also the registrar isn't really great about sending those "grade posted" emails on time.

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Foozle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:19 pm

parker09 wrote:FI.NAL.LY.

also the registrar isn't really great about sending those "grade posted" emails on time.

It's just an auto-email sent in the morning.

lawloser22
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby lawloser22 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:36 am

At least this time we'll be too busy with our summer jobs and write-ons to worry about our grades and futures. right????

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby traehekat » Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 am

oh god not this again.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Wholigan » Tue May 03, 2011 11:01 am

lawloser22 wrote:At least this time we'll be too busy with our summer jobs and write-ons to worry about our grades and futures. right????


lol... even with 3 week write on + transfer apps + summer job + other summer job for pay, I am going to be even more worried than fall.

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Tue May 03, 2011 3:19 pm

traehekat wrote:oh god not this again.

User avatar
weee
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby weee » Tue May 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
traehekat wrote:oh god not this again.

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby gwuorbust » Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm

With the curve I will get a B- or B in HelLRW. All I can say is that I am glad I didn't fail and that I am done with that shiTTTT forever.

Omerta
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Omerta » Tue May 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Predictions this time around
LWRAP: A- (got it back already)
Property: A-/A
Con law: A
IP: A/A+ (felt very good about this one)
Crim: B+

I feel pretty good about all my exams besides Crim. Just like Contracts last semester, Crim. is the exam that separates a good semester from a great one. Fortunately, I was wrong about Contracts last time, but we'll see if it works out.

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Omerta wrote:Predictions this time around
LWRAP: A- (got it back already)
Property: A-/A
Con law: A
IP: A/A+ (felt very good about this one)
Crim: B+

I feel pretty good about all my exams besides Crim. Just like Contracts last semester, Crim. is the exam that separates a good semester from a great one. Fortunately, I was wrong about Contracts last time, but we'll see if it works out.

What, so moving down to number 7 in the class is just a good, not great, semester to you??? Just kidding...kind of.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:29 pm

I feel like my exams so far have been a crap-shot this semester. Everyone thought they were easy and they did well. None seemed overly complicated and had questions drafted to narrow the amount of issues that could be discussed. The curve is going to be brutal.

Omerta
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Omerta » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

forty-two wrote:
Omerta wrote:Predictions this time around
LWRAP: A- (got it back already)
Property: A-/A
Con law: A
IP: A/A+ (felt very good about this one)
Crim: B+

I feel pretty good about all my exams besides Crim. Just like Contracts last semester, Crim. is the exam that separates a good semester from a great one. Fortunately, I was wrong about Contracts last time, but we'll see if it works out.

What, so moving down to number 7 in the class is just a good, not great, semester to you??? Just kidding...kind of.


top 5%=top 15 people. The "bubble" spot (highest ranked person who doesn't grade on) was a 3.7x after first semester, so there's not a lot of wriggle room. Besides, the firm I want at OCI hasn't hired anyone outside of the top 5 people here.

blowhard wrote:I feel like my exams so far have been a crap-shot this semester. Everyone thought they were easy and they did well. None seemed overly complicated and had questions drafted to narrow the amount of issues that could be discussed. The curve is going to be brutal.

sounds like what people said last semester too.

edit:
forty-two wrote:I mean, I am going to make an epic fall this semester that will end up crushing my hopes and dreams in a fraction of a second, but you'll be fine.

I really doubt that, I'm sure you did very well. As you said, the goalposts are probably already stuck in the ground. Alternatively--if you're more of the stoic persuasion--alea iacta est.
Last edited by Omerta on Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LadyJ218 and 10 guests