1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
forty-two

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Thank you guys so much!!! Also, good luck GeePee!! I'm sure you did absolutely amazing.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm

swc65 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea

who did you have?

i don't have any either, and it is driving me crazy

Did you guys have both of your large sections for the first two exams?

no, my second exam (on 12/15) was my small section

swc65

Postby swc65 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
swc65 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea

who did you have?

Well then that professor is two weeks late. I got two of my grades back already and my last is not due until Monday. Are we allowed to emails profs and tell them to hurry the Eff up?

dudders

Postby dudders » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:34 pm

school got out early today due to snow ... i hope all my profs who haven't turned their grades were forced to stay.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 pm

swc65 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
swc65 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
who did you have?

Well then that professor is two weeks late. I got two of my grades back already and my last is not due until Monday. Are we allowed to emails profs and tell them to hurry the Eff up?

Yeah I don't think so. In fact... if you had who I had for torts, I suspect grades might still be late. I mean, 240 exams (or whatever it was) is kind of ridiculous, no?

atashakor

Postby atashakor » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 pm

i dont get my damn grade till friday it has been 6 weeks since final time....
besides maybe i dont want my grades since attrition rate at my school is 30 percent

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

beach_terror wrote:Need to jump .3-.4 this semester, definitely doable.

Either you don't own a calculator, or you don't know how maths work. If you got a 3.2, you'd have to get a 3.8-4.0 to "jump .3-.4"...if you got a 3.0, you'd have to get a 3.6-3.8. It's doable, but you make it sound a little too doable.

viking138

Postby viking138 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 pm

pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Yeah I don't think so. In fact... if you had who I had for torts, I suspect grades might still be late. I mean, 240 exams (or whatever it was) is kind of ridiculous, no?

That's the only grade I haven't gotten. I heard a rumor she asked for an extension...but last year she turned all of her torts exams around in like 2 or 3 weeks I heard (this is all hearsay). Soo....it could be anywhere from tomorrow to Valentines Day.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

MrKappus wrote:

Either you don't own a calculator, or you don't know how maths work. If you got a 3.2, you'd have to get a 3.8-4.0 to "jump .3-.4"...if you got a 3.0, you'd have to get a 3.6-3.8. It's doable, but you make it sound a little too doable.

I'm guessing they meant they hoped to have a spring GPA .3-.4 points higher than their fall GPA, i.e. raising the overall GPA ~.15-.2

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

viking138 wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

That's the only grade I haven't gotten. I heard a rumor she asked for an extension...but last year she turned all of her torts exams around in like 2 or 3 weeks I heard (this is all hearsay). Soo....it could be anywhere from tomorrow to Valentines Day.

An extension? shit. That's bad news.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 pm

MrKappus wrote:

A confident fellow. Respect.

EngineeringLawyer

Postby EngineeringLawyer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm

viking138 wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

You're kidding! I haven't gotten a single grade yet (seriously, not even LPW) and I had this professor. This wait is killing my nerves.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm

pissantvache wrote:Yeah I don't think so. In fact... if you had who I had for torts, I suspect grades might still be late. I mean, 240 exams (or whatever it was) is kind of ridiculous, no?

yeah I am worried that grade won't come in until March. that is going to be my worst one so that's fine!

I am actually kidding. I need in to apply for jobs and to know how I did so I do not go completely insane. If she asked for an extension they should communicate that to us.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 pm

EngineeringLawyer wrote:
viking138 wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

You're kidding! I haven't gotten a single grade yet (seriously, not even LPW) and I had this professor. This wait is killing my nerves.

That's just messed up. I mean I have 2/3 and you don't have one? That's stupid.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 pm

swc65 wrote:
pissantvache wrote:Yeah I don't think so. In fact... if you had who I had for torts, I suspect grades might still be late. I mean, 240 exams (or whatever it was) is kind of ridiculous, no?

yeah I am worried that grade won't come in until March. that is going to be my worst one so that's fine!

I am actually kidding. I need in to apply for jobs and to know how I did so I do not go completely insane. If she asked for an extension they should communicate that to us.

Seriously. I wouldn't care all that much (i mean, outside of general neuroticism (neuroticity?)) except that a lot of jobs want grades by 2/1, and it would suck to have to send in an incomplete transcript. I'm happy to have gotten the grades I've received so far, but... well, this is just getting ridiculous.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:06 am

pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Seriously. I wouldn't care all that much (i mean, outside of general neuroticism (neuroticity?)) except that a lot of jobs want grades by 2/1, and it would suck to have to send in an incomplete transcript. I'm happy to have gotten the grades I've received so far, but... well, this is just getting ridiculous.

yeah I just know that this grade is going to ruin by currently beautiful (self calculated) GPA

EngineeringLawyer

Postby EngineeringLawyer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 am

pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

At this point, I'd like even one, then at least I would have something to show employers (some are asking to bring transcripts to interviews) and it makes it worse that some at cls have some, if not all, of their grades already (anyone who had torts as their small section and professors who were on time) so it makes it look like I'm hiding something from employers.

Someone from my section called the registrar and was told to take it up with the dean of students or dean of registration services since we're not supposed to contact professors and they have been sending out "reminders" to professors who are late. That student has already been sending the deans emails since Friday. I think that might be overreacting, not to mention hasn't changed anything yet, but if I don't get them by Feb 2 (supposedly this is the final due date, according to career services), I might need to start barking, what do you all think?

swc65

Postby swc65 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 am

EngineeringLawyer wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

At this point, I'd like even one, then at least I would have something to show employers (some are asking to bring transcripts to interviews) and it makes it worse that some at cls have some, if not all, of their grades already (anyone who had torts as their small section and professors who were on time) so it makes it look like I'm hiding something from employers.

Someone from my section called the registrar and was told to take it up with the dean of students or dean of registration services since we're not supposed to contact professors and they have been sending out "reminders" to professors who are late. That student has already been sending the deans emails since Friday. I think that might be overreacting, not to mention hasn't changed anything yet, but if I don't get them by Feb 2 (supposedly this is the final due date, according to career services), I might need to start barking, what do you all think?

yeah I totally understand. Getting that first one and know that it wasn't a C or F (not that I expected it to be) was a huge relief. I feel bad for that torts prof. though. I mean to have more than twice as many students as you were expecting must be very time consuming.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:45 am

EngineeringLawyer wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

yeah I totally understand. Getting that first one and know that it wasn't a C or F (not that I expected it to be) was a huge relief. I feel bad for that torts prof. though. I mean to have more than twice as many students as you were expecting must be very time consuming.[/quote]

true, although she could have chosen to do multiple choice for some portion of the exam, which would have made her life much better. It's amazing, though--once you receive a grade, you're relieved for something on the order of 10 minutes. after that, it all starts again.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 am

EngineeringLawyer wrote:
pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Good plan. This is absurd. our tests are not any longer/more complicated than other schools and many schools have posted all of their grades. Also LPW professors need to get in gear. That class ended in November.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 am

i hope the snow isn't going to delay things further

i am so jealous of people that have 2/3! with long, i understand, though

eta: do you even really care about getting your LPW grade?

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 am

I'm pretty sure at this point 1L's are talking about Columbia in nearly every forum except the actual Columbia 2013 thread

EngineeringLawyer

Postby EngineeringLawyer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 am

somewhatwayward wrote:i hope the snow isn't going to delay things further

i am so jealous of people that have 2/3! with long, i understand, though

eta: do you even really care about getting your LPW grade?

No, not even a little, but that's just absurd, we already got all our papers back, how hard could it possibly be to submit 10 versions of pass?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:34 pm

I should probably let waterman know that my grades are not Stanford transfer worthy, I guess I'll be stuck in this awkward situation w/r/t my alias.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Finally have all my grades in. Anybody want to weigh in on what type of GPA I need from MVP to get DLA Piper?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”