1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7230
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
Sogui wrote:The point of the quote I provided was to prove:

1) Elite law figures "know what it's like" to get B's, against an earlier poster's claim to the otherwise

2) Weak 1L grades do not condemn you to any fate

It seems like people are trying take far too much out of an innocent inspirational story.



MICHAEL JORDAN GOT CUT FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM

But he can still make it to the SCOTUS if he works hard

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby TTH » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 am

beach_terror wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
Sogui wrote:The point of the quote I provided was to prove:

1) Elite law figures "know what it's like" to get B's, against an earlier poster's claim to the otherwise

2) Weak 1L grades do not condemn you to any fate

It seems like people are trying take far too much out of an innocent inspirational story.



MICHAEL JORDAN GOT CUT FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM

But he can still make it to the SCOTUS if he works hard


Nah, he'd be C&F pwn'd.

Retracted. I'm shocked at how difficult it is to find a picture of MJ gambling on the internet.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7230
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 am

TTH wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
Sogui wrote:The point of the quote I provided was to prove:

1) Elite law figures "know what it's like" to get B's, against an earlier poster's claim to the otherwise

2) Weak 1L grades do not condemn you to any fate

It seems like people are trying take far too much out of an innocent inspirational story.



MICHAEL JORDAN GOT CUT FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM

But he can still make it to the SCOTUS if he works hard


Nah, he'd be C&F pwn'd.

Retracted. I'm shocked at how difficult it is to find a picture of MJ gambling on the internet.

He's cleaning out his closet in preparation of the confirmation process.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 am

still nothing.... :(

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby TTH » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 am

somewhatwayward wrote:still nothing.... :(


Love your tar.

Hate my law school.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am

which school?

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby TTH » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am

somewhatwayward wrote:which school?


Ohio State.

And I don't really hate it. I'm just pissy about the wait for grades.

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
Sogui wrote:The point of the quote I provided was to prove:

1) Elite law figures "know what it's like" to get B's, against an earlier poster's claim to the otherwise

2) Weak 1L grades do not condemn you to any fate

It seems like people are trying take far too much out of an innocent inspirational story.



MICHAEL JORDAN GOT CUT FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAM


When he was a sophomore trying out for the senior team.

Why do people always neglect to mention this part of the story?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 pm

got my grades back


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forty-two » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Just got most of my grades back, and I am absolutely :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Like, I think there must have been some mistake and the school's going to take these back and give me my real grades any minute now. I guess how you feel and how you do really aren't correlated.

Omerta
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Omerta » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Omerta wrote:Add to the fun by estimating what your grades were. I'd love to see how in-line people's expectation of their grades are with their actual grades.

CivPro: A-
Torts: A(+) I guessed what the essay question was and outlined it in advance. Almost sure I booked the class.
Contracts: B-
LegReg: B/who the fuck knows
LWRAP: B+

Total: 3.38


CivPro: A-
Torts: A
Contracts: A
LegReg: still out, probably A-
LWRAP: A

3.9ish

Edit: Thanks everyone on TLS. The advice I got on here was unbelievably helpful.
Last edited by Omerta on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Nice job Omerta, way to kill it.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby GeePee » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Congrats forty-two and Omerta!

Grades for me in 24 hours. I have a feeling this is going to be rough.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Congrats to Omerta and forty-two! So many TLS-ers with great grades this year!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 pm

keg411 wrote:Congrats to Omerta and forty-two! So many TLS-ers with great grades this year!


The ones who have median and bad grades don't post.

NerdmoD
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby NerdmoD » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you all for this thread...it gave me a place to live vicariously through those who got their grades early and really made the wait for our grades to come out much more bearable (which they finally did today :D ). And congrats to everyone who rocked it!

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:51 pm

rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to Omerta and forty-two! So many TLS-ers with great grades this year!


The ones who have median and bad grades don't post.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7230
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm

vroom vroom
Last edited by beach_terror on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:59 pm

rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to Omerta and forty-two! So many TLS-ers with great grades this year!


The ones who have median and bad grades don't post.


True :lol:.

Omerta
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Omerta » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:33 pm

rad law wrote:
keg411 wrote:Congrats to Omerta and forty-two! So many TLS-ers with great grades this year!


The ones who have median and bad grades don't post.


You're one of my favorite poster on this board because you consistently yell at people who are considering going to law schools not named UF in Florida. From one Floridian to another, keep fighting the good fight.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby of Benito Cereno » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea

viking138
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby viking138 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea


oh no, still nothing? i got one at 9pm last night. i honestly don't know who runs the registrar's office but i'm starting to think they live on an entirely different schedule than normal folks.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby of Benito Cereno » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

viking138 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea


oh no, still nothing? i got one at 9pm last night. i honestly don't know who runs the registrar's office but i'm starting to think they live on an entirely different schedule than normal folks.

still NOTHING!!! its driving me insane and putting me at a real disadvantage for summer jobs. at least I really lucked out with spring oci lottery and got interviews my first three choices.
do you really think its possible i wont have any grades before feb 1st? insanity. i keep setting imaginary deadlines in my head (ok there's no way we won't have grades by the end of first week back, or by the 24th, or by the 31st...).

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea


who did you have?

i don't have any either, and it is driving me crazy

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby swc65 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:oidjaoidaoishdoiasdoausdo i want graaaaaaades columbia insanenondaooioiaea


who did you have?

i don't have any either, and it is driving me crazy



Did you guys have both of your large sections for the first two exams?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dcc617 and 8 guests