1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
swc65

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby swc65 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

pissantvache wrote:
swc65 wrote:
CG614 wrote:Grades would be cool.

Have you still not gotten any grades? I got 1!

Yeah i think small sections are supposed to be out at CLS. isn't the rule 6 weeks for normal-sized sessions and 4 weeks for small sessions? Whatever, I want my grades.

I have been told that's the rule. However, that would make my CivPro grade overdue and my contracts grade (the one I have received) a week late.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm

^
i don't have any either, not even from my small section. i was just realizing today that i took my last exam five weeks ago.

that being said, when i actually get them, i will probably wish i didn't have them anymore.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:^
i don't have any either, not even from my small section. i was just realizing today that i took my last exam five weeks ago.

that being said, when i actually get them, i will probably wish i didn't have them anymore.

Seriously. I've been looking at everyone else on here's scores with total jealousy. But this has really screwed us for jobs so far!

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

pissantvache wrote:

Seriously. I've been looking at everyone else on here's scores with total jealousy. But this has really screwed us for jobs so far!

yeah wtf CLS? It is already a tough economy and you give us our grades weeks after much of our competition gets them? It's utter BS.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 pm

swc65 wrote:
pissantvache wrote:

yeah wtf CLS? It is already a tough economy and you give us our grades weeks after much of our competition gets them? It's utter BS.

heh, not to beat a dead horse, but the worst thing about this is it isn't as though we started school way later than everyone else and had (comparatively) a lot of extra time during the summer to make money or something. nope, we started earlier than most other schools (thanks, legal methods!) and have almost nothing to show for it.

oh, except a useless little "CR" where our other grades should be, and a couple of hundred dollars worth of legal methods books.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

^^^

To be fair, we also have the CR for the no credit useless legal research class. That should help a little, right?

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 am

Had a dream last night that grades came in and I got two D's. My law school doesn't even give D's except in extraordinary circumstances.

Sigh.

helfer snooterbagon

Postby helfer snooterbagon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 am

TTH wrote:Had a dream last night that grades came in and I got two D's. My law school doesn't even give D's except in extraordinary circumstances.

Sigh.

It is always good to be extraordinary!

swc65

Postby swc65 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 am

TTH wrote:Had a dream last night that grades came in and I got two D's. My law school doesn't even give D's except in extraordinary circumstances.

Sigh.

Someone else ITT had the same dream. Only they were two lower case ds for some reason.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 am

swc65 wrote:

Sigh.

Someone else ITT had the same dream. Only they were two lower case ds for some reason.

Oh shit, I remember reading that now. Mine weren't lower-case, though. They were big, strong capital D's. I don't remember a ton of the dream, except I distinctly remember that Vinnie Jones was my torts professor. :?

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am

TTH wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Sigh.

Oh shit, I remember reading that now. Mine weren't lower-case, though. They were big, strong capital D's. I don't remember a ton of the dream, except I distinctly remember that Vinnie Jones was my torts professor. :?

That was me, and yes it was a very bad way to wake up in the middle of the night.

Eco

Postby Eco » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 pm

What is the point of only releasing two of our grades, GW?

My GPA looks so nice right now.

lol still waitin' on Torts and Crim (dun dun dun dun)

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Eco wrote:What is the point of only releasing two of our grades, GW?

My GPA looks so nice right now.

lol still waitin' on Torts and Crim (dun dun dun dun)

Apparently LRW grades will be out later this week. I think the rest of them depend on the professor.

katekate

Postby katekate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Got a 3.667 for the semester at my T2. Anyone know what percentile this might be in??? Can't find the info from my school at all.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm

katekate wrote:Got a 3.667 for the semester at my T2. Anyone know what percentile this might be in??? Can't find the info from my school at all.

What is your median?

And what is some other level of known percent to GPA? For example, what is top 10% or what is top 33%.

katekate

Postby katekate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
katekate wrote:Got a 3.667 for the semester at my T2. Anyone know what percentile this might be in??? Can't find the info from my school at all.

What is your median?

And what is some other level of known percent to GPA? For example, what is top 10% or what is top 33%.

I have no clue, Guess I should do some research!

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:21 pm

katekate wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

What is your median?

Plugging your school in here should get your class of 2009 data. Your schools will probably have more recent numbers, either online where everyone can, sometimes only when a student/employer asks (try career services).

Geist13

Postby Geist13 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Grades are in. I did not do as badly as a feared. I did not do as well as I hoped. I am amazed at the effect a single grade has. There was one exam I screwed up, I knew I did while I was doing it, there were very major timing issues. On my calculations, I didn't get to answer 12-15% of the points on the test (lots of questions, each with an allotted amount of points). I still managed to get a B- in that class. Had I not f-ed up I would probably be right around top 25%. As it stands I'm probably just under median.

On the one hand I felt like I couldn't have performed worse on my exams, and so I feel OK about where my grades ended up (I really think there is no where to go but up). On the other hand, I'm totally disappointed in myself.

meg5096

Postby meg5096 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
katekate wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

What is your median?

Plugging your school in here should get your class of 2009 data. Your schools will probably have more recent numbers, either online where everyone can, sometimes only when a student/employer asks (try career services).

Was wondering if anybody could help me out w/ a similar question. According to that link, class of '09 at my school top 10% cutoff was 3.63. Median 3.25. I got a 3.57. We aren't given much help w/ class rank. Thanks

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:35 pm

TTH wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Sigh.

That's cool, I was completing some background check stuff before I went to bed a few nights ago and I had a dream that I was being pursued by the FBI because my grades were so bad they wanted to figure out how I had lived long enough to go to law school.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 pm

meg5096 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
katekate wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
What is your median?

Was wondering if anybody could help me out w/ a similar question. According to that link, class of '09 at my school top 10% cutoff was 3.63. Median 3.25. I got a 3.57. We aren't given much help w/ class rank. Thanks

Top 15%-ish.

wesker

Postby wesker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 pm

emory still has no grades because we're awesome

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm

wesker wrote:OSU still has no grades because they're sadists

FTFM

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 pm

I need grades for 1 more class. When prodded by a student today, my prof gave a non-answer. FML.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh, so you go to a T2 and you have a 3.667? Yes, yes. I would say you're top 8.5%.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”