1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Mickey Quicknumbers

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Last final the 15th, classes started back the 3rd. Projected around the 26th. Win?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!

Such tact. I'd be pissed if I was trying to be discreet about being #1 and a ravage flock of kids went hunting for my identity.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!

lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm

quakeroats wrote:

Let the games begin!

lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:
weee wrote:So who's winning the award for longest gap from last final and still having no grades, or for not having all grades in yet?

I already felt like my wait was too long when I got them, so I feel real bad for those of you still waiting

Last final December 22nd, still no grades.

October 1st...

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:
quakeroats wrote:

Let the games begin!

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.

Exactly the way I feel.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:The main reasons for the aversion are:

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed. Punch that dude in the fucking mouth

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm

rad law wrote:

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed. Punch that dude in the fucking mouth

Love the new tar brah. Still no word on grades?

FlightoftheEarls

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm

TITCR. To do otherwise shows a disconcerting lack of social awareness.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:

Love the new tar brah. Still no word on grades?

There's been some news but I'll wait until they're all in (hopefully by tonight) and tell you about it.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Last final was December 16. Grades are due at Duke on Jan 25th, then have to be analyzed by the registrar. We'll get them, at the latest, on February 1st. Classes started back on the 5th.

at least you know when your grades are due..... your break was awfully short though.

forza

Postby forza » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Some NYUers have all 3 grades, WTF :evil:

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 pm

I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.

forza

Postby forza » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

JCougar wrote:I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.

They now know how to sue you for battery - that enough?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm

forza wrote:
JCougar wrote:I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

They now know how to sue you for battery - that enough?

Sure.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm

That funky warning went away on my screen, and it now says that those are my final grades (no change). Overall, I feel pretty good. Could have done better, especially in Civ Pro, but I'm ok.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 pm

clintonius wrote:That funky warning went away on my screen, and it now says that those are my final grades (no change). Overall, I feel pretty good. Could have done better, especially in Civ Pro, but I'm ok.

Do you have all grades then?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 pm

GRADES, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 pm

beach_terror wrote:GRADES, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

THIS.

Clintonius, Romo, I wave the white flag. The grade wait has killed my spirit. :?

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 pm

romothesavior wrote:
quakeroats wrote:

Let the games begin!

There are plenty of times in life where you're (1) directly competing with others and (2) allowed to talk with them about how you've done and what you've accomplished. Why there and not here? What makes law school different than sports, business, or law?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm curious too, but I know better than to ask; I figure if my friends want to tell me their grades they will (some already have). I'm sure I've already broken protocol by posting on here... but I would have posted on here if I didn't do well (in fact, I'd probably have one of those "should I drop out" threads :lol:).

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

My heart literally started hurting when, after weeks of the administration saying today was going to be the day, there was nothing. I worn out the refresh button today for sure.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

quakeroats wrote:

There are plenty of times in life where you're (1) directly competing with others and (2) allowed to talk with them about how you've done and what you've accomplished. Why there and not here? What makes law school different than sports, business, or law?

Presumably a lot of these people are you friends for one. Second, there's no reason to rub anyone's face in the mud because someone has to finish at the bottom, and thankfully it wasn't you.
Last edited by beach_terror on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:My heart literally started hurting when, after weeks of the administration saying today was going to be the day, there was nothing. I worn out the refresh button today for sure.

+1, especially since we're the the last section standing at our school without all their grades

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”