1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Last final the 15th, classes started back the 3rd. Projected around the 26th. Win?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!

Such tact. I'd be pissed if I was trying to be discreet about being #1 and a ravage flock of kids went hunting for my identity.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!


lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm

quakeroats wrote:
random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!


lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:
weee wrote:So who's winning the award for longest gap from last final and still having no grades, or for not having all grades in yet?

I already felt like my wait was too long when I got them, so I feel real bad for those of you still waiting


Last final December 22nd, still no grades.


October 1st...

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Kilpatrick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

random5483
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby random5483 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:
quakeroats wrote:
random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!


lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.



Exactly the way I feel.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed. Punch that dude in the fucking mouth

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm

rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed. Punch that dude in the fucking mouth

Love the new tar brah. Still no word on grades?

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.

TITCR. To do otherwise shows a disconcerting lack of social awareness.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Grizz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed. Punch that dude in the fucking mouth

Love the new tar brah. Still no word on grades?


There's been some news but I'll wait until they're all in (hopefully by tonight) and tell you about it.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Last final was December 16. Grades are due at Duke on Jan 25th, then have to be analyzed by the registrar. We'll get them, at the latest, on February 1st. Classes started back on the 5th.


at least you know when your grades are due..... your break was awfully short though.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forza » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Some NYUers have all 3 grades, WTF :evil:

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JCougar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 pm

I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby forza » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

JCougar wrote:I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.


They now know how to sue you for battery - that enough?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby JCougar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm

forza wrote:
JCougar wrote:I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.


They now know how to sue you for battery - that enough?


Sure.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby clintonius » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm

That funky warning went away on my screen, and it now says that those are my final grades (no change). Overall, I feel pretty good. Could have done better, especially in Civ Pro, but I'm ok.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 pm

clintonius wrote:That funky warning went away on my screen, and it now says that those are my final grades (no change). Overall, I feel pretty good. Could have done better, especially in Civ Pro, but I'm ok.


Do you have all grades then?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7250
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 pm

GRADES, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 pm

beach_terror wrote:GRADES, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

THIS.

Clintonius, Romo, I wave the white flag. The grade wait has killed my spirit. :?

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 pm

romothesavior wrote:
quakeroats wrote:
random5483 wrote:The rank #2 idiot at my school was brave enough to announce his rank to his section. He followed up by starting a man-hunt for the rank #1 student.

Let the games begin!


lol. It's silly that law students have such an aversion to talking about grades. Good for him. Everyone almost certainly hates him already, but we have to stop this nonsense somewhere.

The main reasons for the aversion are:

1. Lots of people are upset and really don't want to hear about how happy you are
2. (the main reason) WTF purpose does it serve for you to be touting your rank? It just makes you an arrogant jackass.

Tell your friends if you guys are comfortable. Tell your CSO since there is actually a purpose to that. Tell your mom and your dad and all your non-law school buddies. But there is zero point to go bragging about it to people in your class, and people who go around talking about how happy they are with random people are just asking to be loathed.


There are plenty of times in life where you're (1) directly competing with others and (2) allowed to talk with them about how you've done and what you've accomplished. Why there and not here? What makes law school different than sports, business, or law?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

JCougar wrote:I honestly don't care if people tell me their grades, as long as they don't sound like they're bragging. I'm kind of curious to know how everybody did.

I'm trying to focus on my own performance, and not be affected/jealous/angry of others. But yeah, I can see how it can make people mad. And if someone did so with the wrong intonation, I'd have to resist the urge to give them a knuckle sandwich.


I'm curious too, but I know better than to ask; I figure if my friends want to tell me their grades they will (some already have). I'm sure I've already broken protocol by posting on here... but I would have posted on here if I didn't do well (in fact, I'd probably have one of those "should I drop out" threads :lol:).

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

My heart literally started hurting when, after weeks of the administration saying today was going to be the day, there was nothing. I worn out the refresh button today for sure.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7250
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby beach_terror » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

quakeroats wrote:

There are plenty of times in life where you're (1) directly competing with others and (2) allowed to talk with them about how you've done and what you've accomplished. Why there and not here? What makes law school different than sports, business, or law?

Presumably a lot of these people are you friends for one. Second, there's no reason to rub anyone's face in the mud because someone has to finish at the bottom, and thankfully it wasn't you.
Last edited by beach_terror on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:My heart literally started hurting when, after weeks of the administration saying today was going to be the day, there was nothing. I worn out the refresh button today for sure.


+1, especially since we're the the last section standing at our school without all their grades




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests