1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:45 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Helm - Nope. But I am happy with where I ended up.

I also now believe the people who say your grades can be inversely related to how you felt about the exam.

I had the exact opposite experience. I knew I handed crim its ass when I walked out, and I was right.

Yea mine went pretty much how I figured.

I hate having one grade unknown, and it's going to be a while. Though unless it's great or terrible it won't change much so I should probably just forget about it.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Helm - Nope. But I am happy with where I ended up.

I also now believe the people who say your grades can be inversely related to how you felt about the exam.

I had the exact opposite experience. I knew I handed crim its ass when I walked out, and I was right.

Reassuring, I felt the same way about civ pro. The other two I'm more wtf? about

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

I got my highest grades in classes that I thought had kicked my ass.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I got my highest grades in classes that I thought had kicked my ass.

What was the mantra? Civ Pro discretionary C? GTFO.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Last edited by 09042014 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bostonian

Postby bostonian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

bjsesq wrote:
bostonian wrote:While NW doesn't give a rank, I would be curious to see if I am last in the class. I feel it is actually a possibility.

I don't know who you are, and I don't believe you.

Ask HGL - she's in my section and can confirm that I am a massive slacker. Also DF and IAFG know my identity. Not sure who else does.
Believe it.

Desert Fox wrote:I hate having one grade unknown, and it's going to be a while. Though unless it's great or terrible it won't change much so I should probably just forget about it.

One of your grades still isn't out? That sucks.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I got my highest grades in classes that I thought had kicked my ass.

Did you realistically think you bombed it, or was it just tough?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

bostonian wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I hate having one grade unknown, and it's going to be a while. Though unless it's great or terrible it won't change much so I should probably just forget about it.

Yea my Torts prof had a heart valve replaced right after classes ended. I don't think he even started grading yet.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 pm

took my first exam on december 10th. still no grades.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
bostonian wrote:

Yea my Torts prof had a heart valve replaced right after classes ended. I don't think he even started grading yet.

I'm going to guess Shapo?

I can't really post in here since I've done OCI, but all of my grades turned out exactly like I thought they would but one (and it was a B). Kept my GPA above my firm's cutoff, so that makes me happy.

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:04 pm

The highs and lows of trickling grades strike.

A- on the first exam. C+ on the next (2.85 median GPA curve... so not horrendous, but still not good). A- was on a 4 credit though, thankfully.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:I can't really post in here since I've done OCI, but all of my grades turned out exactly like I thought they would but one (and it was a B). Kept my GPA above my firm's cutoff, so that makes me happy.

Good for you, dooder.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
bostonian wrote:

I'm going to guess Shapo?

I can't really post in here since I've done OCI, but all of my grades turned out exactly like I thought they would but one (and it was a B). Kept my GPA above my firm's cutoff, so that makes me happy.

Yea Shapo. It's impossible to tell how I did on that test.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:08 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:I can't really post in here since I've done OCI, but all of my grades turned out exactly like I thought they would but one (and it was a B). Kept my GPA above my firm's cutoff, so that makes me happy.

Good for you, dooder.

Thanks... Since it was my 2nd semester, I still felt like I had 1/2 a right to post here. :-)

Glad most of the NU folks here are at least satisfied. WIthout giving the poster away, how well did the TLS poster that "killed it" do?

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

Good for you, dooder.

Thanks... Since it was my 2nd semester, I still felt like I had 1/2 a right to post here. :-)

Glad most of the NU folks here are at least satisfied. WIthout giving the poster away, how well did the TLS poster that "killed it" do?

I would estimate around top 10%

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

Good for you, dooder.

I would estimate around top 10%

Awesome. If he/she keeps that up, he/she'll have no problem at OCI unless there are extreme personality issues or something that REALLY turns firms off.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Awesome. If he/she keeps that up, he/she'll have no problem at OCI unless there are extreme personality issues or something that REALLY turns firms off.

Pretty much what I told him/her when we were drinking coffee/getting it on in the atrium/atrium.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Last edited by uzpakalis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:25 pm

To Fordham: an Haiku.

Fordham, I love you -
But it's been over a month.
Please give us our GRADES.

Lawless25

Postby Lawless25 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 pm

I am also evening division 1L and all I have is IP. Last night, I had a nightmare that I was in Greene's class all over again because I falied. Cannot function properly until I get grade.
nygrrrl wrote:
joecane wrote:Fordham 1L here. Haven't gotten one grade yet.

Same and same. (Well, they put up info for LWR but the "grade" is "IP" - which seems to mean In Process or some such. grumble.)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Lawless25 wrote:I am also evening division 1L and all I have is IP. Last night, I had a nightmare that I was in Greene's class all over again because I falied. Cannot function properly until I get grade.
nygrrrl wrote:

Same and same. (Well, they put up info for LWR but the "grade" is "IP" - which seems to mean In Process or some such. grumble.)

Well hello there, fellow Evening Fordhamster!
Do I know you? :D (and my nightmares have been about Ks. Nightmares about getting a C, in Ks. lol)

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Lawless25 wrote:I am also evening division 1L and all I have is IP. Last night, I had a nightmare that I was in Greene's class all over again because I falied. Cannot function properly until I get grade.
nygrrrl wrote:

no grades yet :shock:

Lawless25

Postby Lawless25 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 pm

You probably do know me and I doubt contracts grades will be in till after semester begins. Johnson is notoriously slow with grading.
goosey wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

no grades yet :shock:

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Anxiously checking my inbox all day for the email telling us that grades are up. But my intuition is, when a school says "were def trying to get them out friday but it may be next week" its just another way of saying "no rush guys. Have a nice weekend". Its getting to a boiling point here

Lawless25

Postby Lawless25 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 pm

what school r u in?
dakatz wrote:Anxiously checking my inbox all day for the email telling us that grades are up. But my intuition is, when a school says "were def trying to get them out friday but it may be next week" its just another way of saying "no rush guys. Have a nice weekend". Its getting to a boiling point here

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”