1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
J-tow10

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby J-tow10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 pm

romothesavior wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Romo and JCoug, I know this is the wrong thread, but whatever. Do you guys know if the dates for bidding on OCI online are wrong? It says the deadline is tomorrow at noon?? It won't even let you search employers. Should have kept that pink sheet they gave us today or yesterday...

I think it runs from like the 17th til like the 24th (not sure, I can't really remember). But yeah, the deadline is definitely not tomorrow. It opens up next week.

Gotcha, thanks. I figured they wouldn't have the deadline tomorrow and not say anything.

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

I got an email from the registrar's office saying that grades were updated. I opened the email, only to find a PDF where the updated classes were listed....none of mine were on there :x I feel like a can't get motivated to do anything this semester until I have my GPA. Annoying.....

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 pm

delBarco wrote:I'm starting to get irritable. There's no way teachers are still grading exams, i'm about 100% positive they're just sitting somewhere and won't actually come out for another week or so.

About two weeks ago this was as bad as waiting for LSAT scores. Now this is several hundred times worse than waiting for LSAT scores.

+1. With the LSAT at least you could retake it if you did poorly. Here... not so much.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 pm

yo! wrote:I got an email from the registrar's office saying that grades were updated. I opened the email, only to find a PDF where the updated classes were listed....none of mine were on there :x I feel like a can't get motivated to do anything this semester until I have my GPA. Annoying.....

I'm basically "on strike" until I see my GPA.

ReesesPieces15

Postby ReesesPieces15 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:56 pm

beach_terror wrote:
yo! wrote:I got an email from the registrar's office saying that grades were updated. I opened the email, only to find a PDF where the updated classes were listed....none of mine were on there :x I feel like a can't get motivated to do anything this semester until I have my GPA. Annoying.....

I'm basically "on strike" until I see my GPA.

me too

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:03 am

xcountryjunkie wrote:
delBarco wrote:I'm starting to get irritable. There's no way teachers are still grading exams, i'm about 100% positive they're just sitting somewhere and won't actually come out for another week or so.

About two weeks ago this was as bad as waiting for LSAT scores. Now this is several hundred times worse than waiting for LSAT scores.

+1. With the LSAT at least you could retake it if you did poorly. Here... not so much.

It's not even that for me though, it's just the amount of time we've had to wait, the uncertainty surrounding how you did, and the fact that we're already digging into spring semester material without having any closure on the fall.

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:10 am

delBarco wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:

It's not even that for me though, it's just the amount of time we've had to wait, the uncertainty surrounding how you did, and the fact that we're already digging into spring semester material without having any closure on the fall.

This

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:11 am

dakatz wrote:I called my school's registrar today. They confirmed to me that the snow day may kill our chances of getting grades tomorrow. They said the goal is to get them out tomorrow. But if they can't, we are stuck waiting until next week. I wanted to send out a bunch of apps/app updates this weekend once I have the grades officially. Now I can't even do that over the long weekend. I whined about this before, but hadn't heard it from the registrar myself at that point. This is my official complaining.

Dude. This sucks.

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 am

Anyone know where I can find percentile rank/GPA for Catholic? For some reason they aren't on the NALP website. Would be much appreciated.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 am

NYVA311 wrote:Anyone know where I can find percentile rank/GPA for Catholic? For some reason they aren't on the NALP website. Would be much appreciated.

This it?

--LinkRemoved--).pdf

Link fail, but I found it in CUA law webiste, current students, Office of Registrar, Class Rank, and "decile ranges".

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 am

8 AM tomorrow ours are finally coming. I'm waking up, my friends are coming over, and breaking out the alcohol before class isn't out of the question. Either that or going to the convenience store and buying tons of junk food.

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 am

Yes! Thanks a lot :D

MrKappus wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:Anyone know where I can find percentile rank/GPA for Catholic? For some reason they aren't on the NALP website. Would be much appreciated.

This it?

--LinkRemoved--).pdf

Link fail, but I found it in CUA law webiste, current students, Office of Registrar, Class Rank, and "decile ranges".

Citizenlawyer

Postby Citizenlawyer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 am

Hey guys, getting the grades is not always that great.

I was hanging with two A-s for a while and today final B in Torts came through, sigh, sending me from top 8% to top 25%......

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 am

Citizenlawyer wrote:Hey guys, getting the grades is not always that great.

I was hanging with two A-s for a while and today final B in Torts came through, sigh, sending me from top 8% to top 25%......

After this wait, I feel like I'd cash out for top 25%

bomedtheLSAT101

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:21 am

any crappy sschools in new york that would take any transfers from anywhere?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:23 am

beach_terror wrote:

I'd throw a party for the ages if I hit top 25%. My classmates consistently amaze me with how smart they are. If by any standard I did better than 3/4 of them, it would blow my mind.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 am

dakatz wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

I'd throw a party for the ages if I hit top 25%. My classmates consistently amaze me with how smart they are. If by any standard I did better than 3/4 of them, it would blow my mind.

You might be overestimating the competition. Prior to Law School I thought I would rank at the very top. Once Law School began I questioned my competence (everyone else seemed so damn smart). Once results came out I found out I was at the very top of the class.

Takeaway? You just might surprise yourself.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 am

If it helps you guys feel better: I am literally the dumbest person at my school.

mths

Postby mths » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 am

delBarco wrote:If it helps you guys feel better: I am literally the dumbest person at my school.

:lol:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 am

delBarco wrote:If it helps you guys feel better: I am literally the dumbest person at my school.

No way dude, Emory is so TTT I'm sure there are plenty of dumber people there. :lol:

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:59 am

Got an e-mail saying most of our grades will be posted tomorrow except for Contracts. eek.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 am

I literally started hyperventalating and then I got them, convinced I was getting like a C and 2 B-'s, and I got my grades and I did fine. 3.5 GPA - so I keep my scholarship, and possibly have a shot at jobs. I mean, i don't know where this puts me rank wise, all I know is it's above the curve. Anyway, I almost started happy crying, and I called my dad still kind of hyperventalating and he thought something was really wrong, and I'm just like "No! I did fine in law school!" He was just confused. haha. After how obsessed my dad was with grades, I thought he'd be happier.

Anyway, now comes the time. I think our school has a 3.2 curve... anyone know roughly the rank? I guestimated top 35ish, but I have no idea. Hope it's not lower than that.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 am

snowpeach06 wrote:I literally started hyperventalating and then I got them, convinced I was getting like a C and 2 B-'s, and I got my grades and I did fine. 3.5 GPA - so I keep my scholarship, and possibly have a shot at jobs. I mean, i don't know where this puts me rank wise, all I know is it's above the curve. Anyway, I almost started happy crying, and I called my dad still kind of hyperventalating and he thought something was really wrong, and I'm just like "No! I did fine in law school!" He was just confused. haha. After how obsessed my dad was with grades, I thought he'd be happier.

Anyway, now comes the time. I think our school has a 3.2 curve... anyone know roughly the rank? I guestimated top 35ish, but I have no idea. Hope it's not lower than that.

I have no idea how your curve works but generally speaking a 3.5 is well over a 3.2. That's a great job. Congrats!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 am

snowpeach06 wrote:I literally started hyperventalating and then I got them, convinced I was getting like a C and 2 B-'s, and I got my grades and I did fine. 3.5 GPA - so I keep my scholarship, and possibly have a shot at jobs. I mean, i don't know where this puts me rank wise, all I know is it's above the curve. Anyway, I almost started happy crying, and I called my dad still kind of hyperventalating and he thought something was really wrong, and I'm just like "No! I did fine in law school!" He was just confused. haha. After how obsessed my dad was with grades, I thought he'd be happier.

Congrats!

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

random5483 wrote:You might be overestimating the competition. Prior to Law School I thought I would rank at the very top. Once Law School began I questioned my competence (everyone else seemed so damn smart). Once results came out I found out I was at the very top of the class.

Takeaway? You just might surprise yourself.

I SERIOUSLY hope this is true.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”