1L grade waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Postby bjsesq » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, since the rest of the NU kids are acting like a bunch of pussies, I'll get it started. On a B+ curve:

Civ Pro:B
Torts: B
CLR: B+
Contracts: B+
Crim: A

I'll give you two guesses as to which class I liked best. I'm right at median, and can't complain about my grade when I didn't do a single outline of my own and rarely read.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Compaq1984 wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Please give me last grade so we can proceed amicably with this whole employment for the summer thing. My school made the deadline for the last grade NEXT WEEK. Profs at times submit them before the deadline but with this prof I am sure she'll take her sweet time.

Yeah, I'm a little tired of waiting on her to post it, too. I kind of want to e-mail her.

Dare you...

I'll send it from the email address: Compaq1984sRealName@hotmail.com

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm

bjsesq wrote:Well, since the rest of the NU kids are acting like a bunch of pussies, I'll get it started. On a B+ curve:

I'll give you two guesses as to which class I liked best. I'm right at median, and can't complain about my grade when I didn't do a single outline of my own and rarely read.

You happy?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
berkeleykel06 wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=144393

You are such a GWU stereotype it makes my head hurt.

+1.

I skimmed the thread. All I have to say is you took 20 seconds of my life and I want them back. Being such a "controversial figure" with such a "complicated life" I'm sure you understand how much those 20 seconds meant to me.

only controversial on TLS. I try to avoid controversy.

Gdub, you're cool. Ignore those haters.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Image

This made me feel so much better (not kidding).

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

rad law wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Well, since the rest of the NU kids are acting like a bunch of pussies, I'll get it started. On a B+ curve:

You happy?

Given the effort I actually put in, yeah. I'm not biglaw bound, so I'm ok with where I'm at.

dudders

Postby dudders » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 pm

beach_terror wrote:
seespotrun wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:b/c I'm always such a controversial figure on this forum I'm gunna make a weblog that explains all. shall post link here once I'm done. tired of bickering on this thread.

lolwut?

You a 1L bro? Btw grades are rumored to come out Wednesday... at least for 1Ls (fuck, fuck, fuck fuckkk)

For reals? I've heard "either this Friday or next Friday, can't remember which" and "maybe you'll have transcripts by February." I'm just ignoring everyone and refreshing banweb like a cray-cray. I should probably stock on up liquor too.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Just wanted everybody to know that I apparently passed my P/F LRW class. Out to celebrate.

Miltiades

Postby Miltiades » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 pm

So when an OCI employer says Top 20% preferred does that mean "don't bother if you aren't in the Top 20%" even if they say they still evaluate the individual? I figure it is like how law schools say the LSAT isn't all they look at.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm

gwuorbust wrote:I said 90k or not prestigious. I think PDs, prosecutors, and PI all fall into prestigious. While I wouldn't work in those positions, I think they are commendable.

Since you are basing this on financial decisions, you do realize that you pay less in loans at those positions, and you can have your entire balance wiped out after 10 years there?

Miltiades

Postby Miltiades » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:
Miltiades wrote:So when an OCI employer says Top 20% preferred does that mean "don't bother if you aren't in the Top 20%" even if they say they still evaluate the individual? I figure it is like how law schools say the LSAT isn't all they look at.

Yeah, employers don't follow that stuff most of the time. Some less selective firms had "top 10%" preferred when I did OCI (pre-ITE, admittedly), and they ended up hiring people far closer to median. In other words, consider such statements to be aspirational.

Oh well that makes me feel better! Thank you.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Just wanted everybody to know that I apparently passed my P/F LRW class. Out to celebrate.

Grats bro?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

rad law wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Just wanted everybody to know that I apparently passed my P/F LRW class. Out to celebrate.

Grats bro!1!!1!!

Thanks!!!

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 pm

BULAW13 wrote:
dakatz wrote:I called my school's registrar today. They confirmed to me that the snow day may kill our chances of getting grades tomorrow. They said the goal is to get them out tomorrow. But if they can't, we are stuck waiting until next week. I wanted to send out a bunch of apps/app updates this weekend once I have the grades officially. Now I can't even do that over the long weekend. I whined about this before, but hadn't heard it from the registrar myself at that point. This is my official complaining.

I really hope they were wrong

Me too. I'm just so ready to get this over with in one shot. I guess we technically know our LRW grades (assuming your instructor has handed back the final memos), so at least that is something. But I just need to put the rest of this behind me. Have someone coming up to visit this weekend, and was hoping to have the stress off by then so that I can celebrate/commiserate. Now it will just be a weekend of speculating and worrying, much like the entire past month.

Citizenlawyer

Postby Citizenlawyer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 pm

How would i see historical class ranks at William and Mary by GPA?

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Citizenlawyer wrote:How would i see historical class ranks at William and Mary by GPA?

Check out W&M's NALP profile:
--LinkRemoved-- <--toward the middle of the page

Also, I'm getting sick of waiting for my grades. One more week, I think.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 pm

JCougar wrote:This made me feel so much better (not kidding).

:lol: This seems like a JCougar kind of comic strip.

BULAW13

Postby BULAW13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 pm

dakatz wrote:
BULAW13 wrote:
dakatz wrote:I called my school's registrar today. They confirmed to me that the snow day may kill our chances of getting grades tomorrow. They said the goal is to get them out tomorrow. But if they can't, we are stuck waiting until next week. I wanted to send out a bunch of apps/app updates this weekend once I have the grades officially. Now I can't even do that over the long weekend. I whined about this before, but hadn't heard it from the registrar myself at that point. This is my official complaining.

Me too. I'm just so ready to get this over with in one shot. I guess we technically know our LRW grades (assuming your instructor has handed back the final memos), so at least that is something. But I just need to put the rest of this behind me. Have someone coming up to visit this weekend, and was hoping to have the stress off by then so that I can celebrate/commiserate. Now it will just be a weekend of speculating and worrying, much like the entire past month.

Yes, but I don't even have that grade yet. Because apparently 6 weeks is too short of a time to grade 12 6 page memos...

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 pm

BULAW13 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
BULAW13 wrote:

Yes, but I don't even have that grade yet. Because apparently 6 weeks is too short of a time to grade 12 6 page memos...

Ouch. I guess we will survive though. I'm just praying that the profs were generous and elected for 30% A's (they can do as few as 20% A's). I'm guessing the more A's, the more C's they would have to give, but I'm not too concerned about being close to C range (or at least I assume I shouldn't be concerned). 30% A's sounds surprisingly reachable, whereas 20% A's sounds really damn hard to me.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, I'm getting sick of waiting for my grades.

+1 especially considering the fact that there are sections at my school that have the majority of their grades in (and I have yet to see one).

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

+1 especially considering the fact that there are sections at my school that have the majority of their grades in (and I have yet to see one).

Did the school give you a time frame?

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Romo and JCoug, I know this is the wrong thread, but whatever. Do you guys know if the dates for bidding on OCI online are wrong? It says the deadline is tomorrow at noon?? It won't even let you search employers. Should have kept that pink sheet they gave us today or yesterday...

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Did the school give you a time frame?

I think the deadline is technically the end of next week, but everybody usually has everything in before that, at least judging by previous years.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Romo and JCoug, I know this is the wrong thread, but whatever. Do you guys know if the dates for bidding on OCI online are wrong? It says the deadline is tomorrow at noon?? It won't even let you search employers. Should have kept that pink sheet they gave us today or yesterday...

I think it runs from like the 17th til like the 24th (not sure, I can't really remember). But yeah, the deadline is definitely not tomorrow. It opens up next week.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm starting to get irritable. There's no way teachers are still grading exams, i'm about 100% positive they're just sitting somewhere and won't actually come out for another week or so.

About two weeks ago this was as bad as waiting for LSAT scores. Now this is several hundred times worse than waiting for LSAT scores.
Last edited by Mickey Quicknumbers on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”